Beware Fake Dm 500's

In my case my so called ebay fake had a great tuner and no probs..my real one from a dream dealer cannot pick up all channels, so i know which i'd rather!

Its not "so called ebay fake"

It is an Ebay FAKE !!!

In my case my so called ebay fake had a great tuner and no probs..my real one from a dream dealer cannot pick up all channels, so i know which i'd rather!

i bought an original box and i need a booster as I'm losing channels with there so called new tuner if i thought the fake boxes were better i would have gone for one.

the original should be a better product but it seems in this case not.

I ordered mine from the DVD-Shop and had no problems the transaction was very smooth.

I highly recommend them and so do a lot of people on the forum and the price isn't too bad either and they are an official distributor, so in all you can't really go wrong.

I've just ordered a DM500-C and DM500-S from China of all places!

Obviously they are fakes as they were only £75 each, including international tracked shipping.

I've already got an original DM500-C which is running UK-04, it tends to lockup if I change channel too fast, hopefully I'll have a better experience with the new one.

that guys doing some major piracy

Yeah wonder where he gets his images from or which link will be supplied to which web site??

Bulk Order - DreamBox 500c Cable Reciever (Pre-Flashed) £194.99 £120.00

BULK ORDERS ONLY - Quanity 10+

The Worlds smallest digital Linux set-top box with DVB-C Standard universal Cable TV tuner

250 MHz IBM PowerPC Processor (350 Mips)
Linux Operating System
1 x Smartcard-Reader
MPEG2 Hardware decoding
Common available NIMs (DVB-S, DVB-C, DVB-T)
V.24/RS232 Interface
10/100Mbit compatible Ethernet Interface
2 LED status
unlimited channel lists for TV/Radio
channel-change time < 1 second
full automatic service scan
supports directly bouquet-lists
supports EPG (electronic program guide)
supports own videotext
supports multiple LNB-Switching control (DiSEqC)
fully adaptable OSD in many languages and skin-support
S/PDIF Interface for digital bit stream out (AC-3)
1 x Scart-interfaces
It works on 12V DC
Universal mains PSU and remote handset included

Please note that connecting this receiver to UK NTL, TW or C&W networks would contravene their Terms and Conditions of service.

We will send you a link also to download the latest images for your dreambox, so you can view ALL channels for FREE.

NOTE: There is no talkback from the dreambox to the cable company so they can not detect you are using it. No card is required for the dreambox to operate, as it will auotmatically decode the keys always. You can connect this box to your home network and record, play movies, tv programs, mp3s, radio etc.

UK & Ireland buyers most welcome.

DELIVERY ON THIS ITEM IS FREE!

Bulk Order Welcome

This unit will be flashed and a UK & Ireland image put on it for you.

dreambox 500c

hi i bought one not flashed but i changed my mind he flashed it for free and put my area file in was working great i was very imprest i have changed from d box 2 i live in belfast hope this helps

IMHOO.........Fakes rock! :)

I'll certainly never buy a real one again, unless they drop the price.

hi i bought one not flashed but i changed my mind he flashed it for free and put my area file in was working great i was very imprest i have changed from d box 2 i live in belfast hope this helps

So it works straight out of the box??? Same amount of channelson it as was on your dbox2?

Same as mine if so, he even put in the RF converter and UK power cable for free in my first order:) But sadly, he didnt supply those when I bought one for the boys room.

I have just got one yesterday I think its fake but you cant tell its working great. all channels there.
its only cost me £82 from flybay.

My last thread was closed before I haad a chance to explain it, no worries though, I should have posted it here.

The guys in the starview section are claiming that there is a firmware upgrade out thats basically a clone box killer.

If it can happen to them I suppose there is a chance it could happen to dreams.

So I guess if you happen to have a clone, and it works ok, be wary about installing an new image on it if you are not quite sure of its provenance.

That.Is.All

My last thread was closed before I haad a chance to explain it, no worries though, I should have posted it here.

The guys in the starview section are claiming that there is a firmware upgrade out thats basically a clone box killer.

So I guess if you happen to have a clone, and it works ok, be wary about installing an new image on it if you are not quite sure of its provenance.

That.Is.All

So.....dont flash that image onto your box?

for my dreamboxs DW1.6.2 is perfectly stable and I will not be reflashing my boxes unless somthing major changes in any future image.

That.Is.All

Mate the Dreambox is a stripped down PowerPC based computer running linux, the firmware is open sourced, you, me and your pet cat could in theory create the next firmware release, we don't rely on the manufacturers throwing us a bone whenever there is a problem, the community solves it.

That's another reason to bin all the non-linux based boxes.

I've just ordered a DM500-C and DM500-S from China of all places!

Obviously they are fakes as they were only £75 each, including international tracked shipping.
Any sign of them yet? any links to where you got them?

Don't like the idea of fakes to save a few quid, but that is less than half price, so might well be worth it.

Back