Beware Fake Dm 500's

JIMMYQ

DW Regular
Reaction score
BEWARE guys thought you need to see this

We like to inform all our customers and dealers that there are illegal copies of the Dreambox DM 500 on offer.
It seems to be an authentic but cheap reproduction of the device.
Alone the remote control is different from the original

Major differences to be found in the quality of used material and the workmanship.
The duplicates are poorly coated and badly processed. An older release of the DM 500 has been copied and this illegal DM500 version is not CE certified.

The name “Dreambox” is a registered trade mark and may be used solely by Dream-Multimedia.
We do not issue a guarantee nor shall be liable for any damages caused by our original software to these faked items.

We will take legal action against the manufacturers, distributors, and providers of the Dreambox-copies

DM500.gif

The Remote Control

the counterfeit

rcu_copy_w.jpg

The originals for the DM500
The big one

rcu_orig_gross._w.jpg

the small one

rcu_orig_klein_w.jpg

CONTINUED.....

Last edited:
continued.....
the new one

rcu_orig_ommi_w.jpg

the main PCB:

the counterfeit

pcb_copy_w.jpg

the original

pcb_orig_w.jpg

different smartcard reader
polished part identifier
Philips NIM, like old series

the new packaging ;

DM500_S_Box_12.05.jpg

As of January the Dreambox DM500 will be sold in a new packaging incl. a security hologram.
Please look out for the new packing at the time of purchase.

Has anyone had or tried one of these....if they are half the price and do the job ill have some.....seeing as DM hike up the prices knowing what WE use them for in the uk...and then blame it on demand.....if i get hold of one ill have it if its cheaper ;)

its ok getting it at half the price but just think of those who have paid full wack for them

I think I have a clone, because the remote, but it works, So if they set in the market the clone for just 100 euros or less I will buy it again.
Mine is dreambox 500 c with gemini and everything, no frezes and work the same.

@JIMMYQ......yes mate....feel sorry for me then ;)...i bought one at £149incl p&p...kosher that is.

Where did you get the fake one from for 100 euros cause i want them ;)

dvb online

kabzy mabzy said:
i bought one last week from dvb and it looks kosher m8!

cheers

ive had 2 from dvb online and they look like official pics too me anyway i think they are dropshipped straight from dreambox factory if you buy from dvb

In holland you have a place call the black market in beverwijk, it's a place for arabish people I think, there you have some of then. cheaper but fake, not online i haven't seen then

either dvb online or satstore.co.uk. got mine from satstore for£129 plus a tenner postage and it come the next day

@yvry, have you got a dreambox working in holland? if so is it on a UPC or Essent area?

My friend wanted one in Amsterdam but we thought that UPC had droped nagra recently

Frenchman

I live in ireland, But I got once in a month to holland, The dreambox is not working in amsterdam, only sharecard.

hi

i think people on flea bay are selling fake ones because the remotes look different can any one confirm this?

:Cheers:

ordered mine from dvb should be after xmas hols...anyway will let you guys know if its the real thing...by the way just seen them on dreamboxshop uk supplier he got them on for £249 what the F**K kinda of price is that when dvb sell them for £149 including postage.

Back