Beware Fake Dm 500's

Does a new tuner image only work on a new tuner box? Or is a new tuner image backwards compatible with old tuner box's??

I flashed my new box with DIORJ 0.6 (New Tuner) and did a scan as I have no service file for Enigma backed-up.

New box is running sweet, new tuner seems to be better than my old tuner box.

88% SNR/0-100 BER - Old Tuner Box
92% SNR/0-10 BER - New Tuner Box

Quite impressed with DIORJ 0.6, much faster than the UK04 Neutrino I'm used to.

Just wish the Multi-EPG was more like a Neutrino multi-EPG. I find it really hard to read.....

Yes new tuner images will work on older boxes but only if you are using an engima image. It will scan quicker if you use the new driver.

Well guys. I got my dreambox from eBay too. Got it a few days ago.
At first I could not watch any discovery channels although they where all listed with full epg, and a few others that where listed with full epg I couldnt get, just blank screen. Also if I flicked through the channels at a fast pace it would freeze.
Then I was advised to get tv booster from argos. Set it up, and like magic I can now watch ALL the channels, and NO freezing. Left it on over night and no freezing. It is 100% working. Mine also came with the new silver remote, which is an original remote. IF they are fake why would they have an original remote.
Maybe alot of the problems are with the signal, maybe it has to be spot on. And surley he would have had some negative feedback by now. it will be 400 positive soon.

96% for all channel and agr 45% i get that on most images especialy gemini with a booster works fine also looking good on enigma

BEWARE guys thought you need to see this

We like to inform all our customers and dealers that there are illegal copies of the Dreambox DM 500 on offer.
It seems to be an authentic but cheap reproduction of the device.
Alone the remote control is different from the original

Major differences to be found in the quality of used material and the workmanship.
The duplicates are poorly coated and badly processed. An older release of the DM 500 has been copied and this illegal DM500 version is not CE certified.

The name “Dreambox” is a registered trade mark and may be used solely by Dream-Multimedia.
We do not issue a guarantee nor shall be liable for any damages caused by our original software to these faked items.

We will take legal action against the manufacturers, distributors, and providers of the Dreambox-copies

DM500.gif

The Remote Control

the counterfeit

rcu_copy_w.jpg

The originals for the DM500
The big one

rcu_orig_gross._w.jpg

the small one

rcu_orig_klein_w.jpg

CONTINUED.....

i ended up having one of these fake box and had to return back through paypal.....

the new fakes are virtually visually identical to the original now, only mainboard is a giveaway

bought my first dm-500c over a year ago, works perfect , my mate bought a 119 job from ebay and I have put my image on it and it freezes like hell , epg only has 2 hours at a time mostly , and I just dont have the heart to tell him it's a fake , but it damn acts like one.

i ended up having one of these fake box and had to return back through paypal.....

Think your pictures are out of date I have 2 origionals and both have the coloured butttons on the bottom row

There's free shipping on anything over £50 so it's £113 dead!

Again, are you willing to risk it not being genuine for another £17? Why risk?

Send an email to [email protected] asking if they will accept £130 including P+P and they will send you a paypal invoice for that amount. You will receive a tracking number via email the same say and have the box within 3-4 days.

thank you for the info guys, 'll let you know if they give it to me for £130..

At that price, no its not. I've bought one few from this site few months ago and all arrvied in perfect working order.
Yes its a clone, only way I could tell is by the orange circle on the board. The box remote etc.. is same as orginal dreamboxes.

Concidering before I got this I was using a few dbox2, which where unstable, using possibly 6yr old parts, I thought worth the risk and to be honest its paid off.

I ordered 4 more dreamboxs from this guy last week and have recieve the tracking number over the weekend. Some others have posted they have bought of this site before, so I'd be interested to see what they think of the dreambox and service, because when I first got my dreambox from this site, the service I got was immedaite and he spoke me through setting it up on msn.

At that price, no its not. I've bought one few from this site few months ago and all arrvied in perfect working order.
Yes its a clone, only way I could tell is by the orange circle on the board. The box remote etc.. is same as orginal dreamboxes.

Concidering before I got this I was using a few dbox2, which where unstable, using possibly 6yr old parts, I thought worth the risk and to be honest its paid off.

I ordered 4 more dreamboxs from this guy last week and have recieve the tracking number over the weekend. Some others have posted they have bought of this site before, so I'd be interested to see what they think of the dreambox and service, because when I first got my dreambox from this site, the service I got was immedaite and he spoke me through setting it up on msn.

No is disputing whether they work or not,its the principle of being sold as original at original prices.

No is disputing whether they work or not,its the principle of being sold as original at original prices.

Indeed, but I kinda thought my first one was clone because back then the prices for dreamboxes 500c was 150-180, which I purchased my first one from this guy I paid 120.

I know the others I've just ordered are clones also, but after 3 months nostop use on the first one, in my eyes I see no differnce.

But I guess its down to the individual. Im the type of person who wants the cheapest working product with acceptible service.

fake

In my case my so called ebay fake had a great tuner and no probs..my real one from a dream dealer cannot pick up all channels, so i know which i'd rather!

Back