Beware Fake Dm 500's

Have a look at this then lol:
[DLMURL]http://www.hisat.com/twp/prod_detail.asp?ID=536[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm thanks for that post Liam sounds very interesting..I cant understand why dream would have difficulty making more boxes since they seem to be doing so well in selling them..luckily I ordered mine a few days ago and is on its way...i hope..be interested to see what the new box will be but will it live up to the DM500c

Can anyone confirm jabs place is all legit ? I wanted to get the Dreambox 500c from them... and that place always seems good!

I also bought mine from DVB-shop24 and had no problems. I know another 3 people who bought from there as well. My mate's dreambox died on him and the guy accepted it back no bother and gave him a replacement. Can't really fault that shop at all.

hi just looking at your posts on this is there no way of guys looking at there settings menu to see what kind of tuner phillip,c ect and the rest of the setting to see if they match up a false box will have diffrent parts in it i am sure i seen the box menu tell me some place whats inside it going to check and jot down what it says ...:proud:

Some more info about the fake remotes that are going about!

We like to inform all our customers and dealers that there are illegal copies of the Dreambox DM 500 on offer.
It seems to be an authentic but cheap reproduction of the device.
Alone the remote control is different from the original:

Major differences to be found in the quality of used material and the workmanship.
An older release of the DM 500 has been copied and this illegal DM500 version is not CE certified.
The name “Dreambox” is a registered trade mark and may be used solely by Dream-Multimedia.
We do not issue a guarantee nor shall be liable for any damages caused by our original software to these faked items.
We will take legal action against the manufacturers, distributors, and providers of the Dreambox-copies.
Pictures attached.

http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/english/news.php

(Maybe this could be made a sticky)

Last edited:
on the gemini advanced settings menu it does show what tuner ie philips -c

also what cpu

ephid0r said:
on the gemini advanced settings menu it does show what tuner ie philips -c

also what cpu

I'll check the menu when I get home but I think the CPU is an IBM PowerPC Digital Set-Top Box Integrated Controller.

i bought mine off ebay for £119 + £11 delivery on ebay.

i phoned up an offical supplier and he said unless it says dream up next to the wizard in the box, its fake, and mine doesnt, is this info true?

as it would explain why it freezes so much?

any one no where to buy an offical mainboard from?

Why....Why.....Why.....Why.....

Why are people using ebay to buy new goods? Buying from Germany saved me £1 as I could of gone down the e'scam'bay route.

Delivery time is same as buying something from ebay 1st class, same money, but more piece of mind, no messing if owt goes wrong, proper warranty.

and most of all.......................AUTHENTIC!

These ebay traders would sell there dead gran just to make a bob.

ive had 2 from dvb online and they look like official pics too me anyway i think they are dropshipped straight from dreambox factory if you buy from dvb

hi, last week i bought 500c and its got new remote as describe and inside unit are silvery(metal) like os picture above and i paid £90 included p&p.and i am happy it is original. but still freeze so i don't think that the freezing problame is the box is origianl or not, it is low signal or other.

If you didn't buy it from a Dream Multimedia approved dealer, how can you be sure it isn't a fake?

I not saying that it doesn't work, I have no idea what your setup is, it might work for over a year, but there's always a chance it could be a fake!

Just got my 2nd 500-C direct from DVB Shop-24. Ordered on new years eve, delivered 04/01/07.

Certainly not a fake! : multi :

Back