Best software for pda sat nav

operaadict

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a dell X50v and BT 338 gps reciever. I need to look at getting SAVNAV software installed, but was wandering what the opinions are. Mostly UK, but Europe / USA may be handy.

So which is best? TomTom or any of the others?

Thanks

My vote would be for tomtom, if only for the level of "support" available :)

I've tried navigon, destinator, route66, igo, the list goes on..........Always go back to tomtom, its the best available.

I do lots of miles in a week, and have tried all of the pda route finders for the pda.
I always end up with tomtom. Some look really slick and colourful, but are a swine to use. Others send you on the most bizarre of routes, etc, etc. If you want to go from A -B with only the odd anomily every now and again, then tomtom is the daddy. Also a really good add on for it is poiwarner.

Tom Tom is deffo the most user friendly although until recently the maps have been years behind the rest.

IGo looks the business too so may give that another go on its next release, desitinator isnt too bad either.

Sometimes worth having a number of different programs on just for the POI's. TomTom is very poor when it comes to find a restraunt other than a fast food joint, where destinator has a much better selection.

For general navigation to postcodes etc i tend to always end up back with tomtom as the others are generally slower in responding to the touch screen.

Back