Best phone for tomtom

davelichfield

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have just bought SE c905 which is a cracking phone, camera etc.
In your opinion what is the equivalent phone which will run tomtom?
I am thinking of changing already!

Does the samsung omnia use the inbuilt gps with tomtom?

I should have searched and read previous posts before asking this!

Last edited:
Theres loads of phones really that run TomTom and I would choose one with the biggest screen rather than anything else.

In terms of features N95 yes, but for TomTom its not the best phone as the screen isn't as big as loads of other phones around. Also, it really does depend on personal opinion. I have an MDA Compact 3, had it for nearly 2 years, decided that I needed a change and bought the N95 8GB, had it for 2 days and decided that it wasnt for me and sold it on and still carrying on with the MDA. (Both have similar size screen). Plus for me I need a solid phone (no slide or anything) as I drop my phone lots, plus it runs Windows Mobile which is ideal for me.

If you are choosing a phone to run TomTom as one of its main features then I would suggest thinking about the size of the screen. If in a car and hanging it on the dash then N95 ok but if in a van and hanging it on the windscreen quite far away might be a bit difficult to see.

I can also say that tomtom works fine on the samsung omnia and yes the large screen really helps

Last edited:
I have an htc touch pro / tmob mba vario iv / o2xda serra, just put tomtom on it and it looks n wors fine, buitl in gps, standard window mob facilities and a slide out keyboard. loo great too.

Hi all thank you for the replies, sorry for late response, I am a little bit pi**ed off because I have been made a redeployee at work , so basically lost my job, lots of anger, only been there 24 years, the policy is if you are crap they will keep you on (not redeployable) but me.... obviously doing ok (redeployable).Still getting paid for now.

Back to the subject, I want this basically as a phone, with satnav as an extra because I have PDA with tt7 on. This is to take on holiday and use whilst driving abroad. From the replies there are some cracking pieces of kit available, I had to google burnsy77's just to find out what it was!
So because of what is happening at work,i have bought a nokia n95 8gb, his was a popular option that was also available at a good price.
thanks again.

Bummer, sorry to hear that.
A few friends have the n95, nice bit of kit and would think it will do nice job for what you want

Back