best method of downloading movies games etc

revans3 said:
Im glad your happy but if you think the NThell groups are complete and that you get bang up to date stuff quicker than pay servers think again. I have full access to the NThell news server and it is crap compared to my pay server. If it wasnt - I wouldnt pay I would use NThell!

put ur money were your mouth is lol i bet you i can score any game on any format on the same day you can from your pay servers!

Free everything

I use DC++. You can get whatever you want but it takes a lot of hacking and a lot of searching. Altho speeds depend on upload speeds of other users, there are billions of users. To get dc++ go to www.sourceforge.net. download version 0.401 and get the share hack. This will enable you to enter all the "hubs" without sharing, (i share real files). Altho its better to get popular and readilly available files from other sources such as BT, for rare stuff Dc++ is the best. Im a new user to this forum anyway but for more info, pm me or something and i will help you with it if needed. Hope this helps.

dc++ is good, been around for a few years now. There only issue i had when using it was the fact that your downloading only from one person for a single file. This means if they go offline u dont get the file. But as devil said... for rare things dc++ definately worth getting.

Thanks for the share hack :Cheers:

has anyone mentioned MIRC???? not as good as it used to be but still its good cause its free, i thourght that thats what the tinternet was all about p2p and sharing files for FREE!!! why pay someone for something u can get for free, look about theres other ways than news groups

Newsgroups everytime for me.

Newzbin for NZB files (£2 for 8 weeks) Newshosting $14.99 per month and Grabit for downloading. Job done.

Used to be with Pipex for my isp until they came out with all the Fair Usage Policy crap. Now with Freedom To Surf £24:99 per month Unlimited (and no fair usage policy.... as yet) and they're owned by Pipex would you believe.

deedledawdle said:
Newsgroups everytime for me.

Newzbin for NZB files (£2 for 8 weeks) Newshosting $14.99 per month and Grabit for downloading. Job done.

Used to be with Pipex for my isp until they came out with all the Fair Usage Policy crap. Now with Freedom To Surf £24:99 per month Unlimited (and no fair usage policy.... as yet) and they're owned by Pipex would you believe.

i'm still with pipex... they cap bittorrent download speeds... maximum i get is 20k... on a 1mb line! kinda stinks... but i've cancelled my contract.. it's a shame really because pipex are very reliable! now i have to look for another reliable isp...

Newsgroups for me. I get 1.2 meg on a 10 meg link.

newsgroups for me too i use tw's free server (crap retention) i get roughly same as Nebro im also on 10mg i use torrents too but im downloading a 4.5gb file and its only comin down at 20kb tops gonna take days i used to use a prog called bottler i think that uses chat like channels like dc++ that was quick too no allways reliable tho.

Last edited:
as anyone had any trouble with virus's on dc++ i download a bit of a file then i got disconected and now i cant delete move or rename the file and if i try it slows my comp right down to death

marra said:
cheers bigga think that did the trick it just free'd up 750mg on my 40gb hard drive space well needed cheers m8

No probs im glad it worked for ya :Clap:

:Cheers:

Back