Best linux environment

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
This is what UR use for all images

----------------------------------------------

If you have default shell(dash)… please change below.

:~# sudo mv /bin/sh /bin/sh_bad
:~# sudo ln -s /bin/bash /bin/sh

Subject: linux environment for enigma2

This is cross compile environment problem in linux.

first, my linux environment is below..

=========================================================

ubuntu-8.10-desktop-i386.iso

I do not remember package to need exactly. sorry..

install below package

-------------- enigma1 ---------
- autoconf >= 2.50
- automake >= 1.4p5 ==> automake1.9
- libtool >= 1.4
- gettext >= 0.10.38
- make >= 3.79
- makeinfo (texinfo)
- tar
- bunzip2
- gunzip
- patch
- infocmp (ncurses-bin)
- gcc 2.95 or >= 3.0
- g++ 2.95 or >= 3.0
- yacc
- flex (flex-old if you are using debian sarge or newer)
- bison
- pkg-config

---------------- engiame2 ---------

sudo apt-get install swig
sudo apt-get install gawk
sudo apt-get install doxygen
sudo apt-get install build-essential
sudo apt-get install libmagick9-dev
sudo apt-get install latex-cjk-all
sudo apt-get install perl

====================================

try it again with same environment.

Best regards,

Mercury

ubuntu 9.10 for me but theres no reason any distro wont work :)
i also use the attached script on a fresh install of ubuntu takes hard work out of adding whats what
to run use

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

after its done u can build for any box cdk or OE

cheers

osborne82

ive got everything running smoothly for compiling E2 images, but using my new environment, cant do the E1 compiling

ive run osbornes install script but it looks like i staill have a few things missing, especially the g++ and older gcc bits

ive been through the updater looking for older versions, but cant find them 2

is there a line i can type into the terminal to get, download and install the packages named for E1 compiling?

ive got everything running smoothly for compiling E2 images, but using my new environment, cant do the E1 compiling

ive run osbornes install script but it looks like i staill have a few things missing, especially the g++ and older gcc bits

ive been through the updater looking for older versions, but cant find them 2

is there a line i can type into the terminal to get, download and install the packages named for E1 compiling?

Code:

from command line will install what u need but u can also use the package manager and have a nice gui to search and install for each of the missing items

cheers

osborne82

Are you using a virtual environment ?

With the images do you make install the same as you would compiling software?

yes but most is already sorted with scripts so you would just
Code:
and wait for it to finish.

I will have to setup a sandbox, bloody got me interested now lol.

Mick

I just installed sun virtual machine - I remember this was nice for com port support (i think), and have put unbunto 10.10 on

I have a dreambox dm600s but I am trying to buy a dm800 today and shopping about for prices.

Mick

Last edited:
go for a Vu+ Duo m8

same price but twin tuners

if i was looking to buy now, thats what id get

Is that a linux box ?

Also what software is available for it digi?

yes Mickie Linux Enigma2
if I was honest I wish Id bought one over the TM800HD now much more advaced

The duo is for non motorised dishs. they do a single for about 275

I can't see the point in a dual tuner box with a motorised dish as the dish needs to be pointed at the same sat for both tuners unless you have the option for 2 motorised dishes, your going to be upset if your watching the footy and the dish moves because there is a timer set on another channel.

You can make a basic dm600 image by following the instructions in the cable section, image acadamy, how to compile a dm600 image.

instead of running
./install.sh
run
./install.sh -update
to make it current, then
./install.sh
. I can post the zlibs files here if you want them.

skip all the edited files as they were for cable.
If you do that then you can download the pli sources then edit them to suit yourself, pli is a cracking image.

Last edited:
The duo is for non motorised dishs. they do a single for about 275

I can't see the point in a dual tuner box with a motorised dish as the dish needs to be pointed at the same sat for both tuners unless you have the option for 2 motorised dishes, your going to be upset if your watching the footy and the dish moves because there is a timer set on another channel.

But with having twin tuners you can record from different transponders on the same satellite ;),

in fact as far as I am aware it can record 4 channels while watching another one,total overkill really but hey thats technology :)

Goldie will set up a record for something and it will 90% of the time be on 28.2
With a single tuner I just say no recording :).

I really like the dreambox, apart from a technomate about 6 years back I have only ever had dreambox's.

Whats the best for picture quality and sound ?

@ ellie, do you need to code in C to write to the image ? if I wrote something in php would i be able to use that or would then i need to compile php into the dreambox ?

If I wrote something in PHP could someone convert it, I know they are quite simular as php is a branch off from it but I still have not any experience with C

Mick

If your going to use pli stuff there's not much to code, there isn't much to add as their images are pretty complete already. It would be just customising it to be a dw image. We can do it with most dreamboxes but as I said without testers we could be posting junk images that don't work.

Not much c+ as far as I can see, the tm800 enigma2 seems to be all python scripts which I don't have a clue about (yet).

I know very little of any code types, I just learn when and as I need to (forget it even quicker).

same as me ellie.

I have installed ubunto but not done anything with the images, what exactly would i be doing with them lmao ;)

Mick

get the install.zip from here https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/219324/#post1623169
extract it (right click extract here)
right click then copy
click on places (top of screen) then click home folder
a box will open, right click then select paste
click on applications (top of screen), accessories then right click terminal and select add to panel
now up the top you will have an icon for easy access to terminal
click terminal
sudo chmod 755 install.sh
./install.sh --update
then when it's finished
sudo chmod 755 install.sh
./install.sh
shouldn't need the "sudo chmod 755 install.sh" but better to be safe

that will prepare your box for compiling, it will ask for your password a couple of times.

You can use the install.sh file that Danny has posted in this thread but it's a rar and ubuntu doesn't have support for rar files so you will need to add 7zip from the symantics manager to use that one.

When you have done this will post the next steps which take hours (to many hours).
The tm800 is quick because we have very limited access to the core files which are precompiled but sufficient to at least have a play.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can use the install.sh file that Danny has posted in this thread but it's a rar and ubuntu doesn't have support for rar files so you will need to add 7zip from the symantics manager to use that one.

or you can just unrar it in windows and transfer it to your shared folder,
or ftp it to your dm's tmp folder then ftp it from there to your linux destop :)

Back