Best image for tm800hd ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeviousG

Inactive User
Reaction score
Guys i know there is a lot of moans/groans about the tm800hd, but can someone tell me what the best/stable image there is out to date please, i currently have

Enigma : openpli 2011-6-7-HEAD
Image : Tm800-IQ-26-7-2011

Thanks

best image is , put back in the box it came in and return to sender !!!!!!

I would have to check the dates or someone might know them :) but latest images have media fixed "play movies from usb" but no pause live tv
older images have Pause live tv but no media

I think Im right in saying that, so depends whats important to you I spoze :)

one of the TM800 owners will put me right :)

To be honest 007 is right

No image does everything it says on the box, So I guess it depends on your preference to what you want working

Over all this time I am deffo on the "wished I had bought another linux box list"

For today's price of £149 can any one recommend an original Linux open source box
Please no clone no fake boxes no copies no non open source.
that can do more than tm800 today with latest image 9th nov,
don't want to know about history of what happened how it was
want to know if it is worth it to day 15-11-2011 please advise

For today's price of £149 can any one recommend an original Linux open source box

Oh look who's back

dr linux sorry sat racer , it is clear that Tm have abandoned the TM800 hd , the box dosnt work as advertised nearly two years since it was launched . At present the openbox s10 hd does pretty much the same as the tm800hd and i can pick one up in china from factory for £40. The tm800hd community have been let down badly by TM and the shit will hit the fan big time when the tm800hd community finally realise that there will never be a fully working image for the box and that those of us who paid £250 for a box and £60 for a hdd and £50 for a wifi card that none ever worked right will be pissed of bigtime !!!!!!

dr linux sorry sat racer , it is clear that Tm have abandoned the TM800 hd , the box dosnt work as advertised nearly two years since it was launched . At present the openbox s10 hd does pretty much the same as the tm800hd and i can pick one up in china from factory for £40. The tm800hd community have been let down badly by TM and the shit will hit the fan big time when the tm800hd community finally realise that there will never be a fully working image for the box and that those of us who paid £250 for a box and £60 for a hdd and £50 for a wifi card that none ever worked right will be pissed of bigtime !!!!!!

I doubt anything will hit the fan...the majority of the enthusiast community have already realised that nothings likely to happen with the TM800HD now, and either cut their losses sold the box and moved on or bought a box that actually works. In the highly unlikely event that it does ever fixed...the damage is already done...
How many people would now buy a TM Linux reciever without verifying it works as advertised ?

Think that is a bit of an unfair comment, whilst I appreciate technology reduces in price over time it still don’t help me or others like me that paid £100 more for this unit and yet still to this day does not work correctly.

I agree in most cases watching normal TV on this receiver is actually Ok, but it is missing some important features such as time shift to name just one.

This and other features many of us have been waiting for over 12 months and I am pretty sure this is not going to happen.

I am sure there is a market for the TM800, but for the enthusiast it is a complete no

I could go on, but I can’t be bothered going over all the points already mentioned over past months, years.

ps, I am also annoyed I was not made aware of the price cut... because now my 2nd hand both is virtually worthless to those well known auction sites

psychic worldz or digital worldz ???
So anybody who is happy with tm800 is either or dr Linux or works for tm this how you judge tm800 owner.
i had an email from tm explaining.
Tm has not abandoned tm800hd but extended since it was launched all of you had chance of refund why you did not take it ????
openbox s10 hd does same as the tm800hd about £40 {clone again non open source old story being repeated } The tm800hd oweners have not been let down by tm promises after tm twin tm800 will finish tm800hd finally will be a fully working image for the box and that those of you who paid £250 for a box over 15 month ago and £60 for a hdd that can work with usb adaptor free from tm and £50 for a wifi card that works perfect ,
I doubt anything good about tm800 will hit the enthusiast there so many good functions have already made this box stand out for today's price
realised that at the present tm800hd now works better then many opensouce boxes with all extra functions.
if it anyone bought any box that actually few functions did not work In the highly unlikely event living with the pain of it thinking that it does ever fixed
refund was on the table why no one took it i wonder but raving carried on .
Linux receiver at today's price ??looking at other boxes but not clone i paid £149 for what it does is the best,
Think that is a bit of an unfair comment coming from anyone {technology }reduces price over time it still don’t help anyone to buy a laptop today find out few weeks later its 50% off me or others like me that paid £149 today may be next few week will £99 .
I agree watching normal TV on this receiver is actually very good, but it is missing some features such as time shift which i never use streaming i use my multimedia that cost me £49 and it does all i want.
other features many of you have been waiting for long time how import are they why not write to tm direct asking what is their plan instead raving here .
I am sure there is a market for the tm800,not for the enthusiast that want all in one .
I could go on, but I can’t be bothered going over all the posts for last few month as a new comer i can read your points already mentioned over past few months,
I am also annoyed with all of you raving here instead contacting tm they may offer you good exchange for tm twin which is broadcom based similar to dou+
do not feel bad about your used tm800 being worthless .
as of today if you are not happy ask for px you are not going to lose by sending an email.

Last edited:
Some valid points there, TM did indeed offer refunds for a long time...should have been taken up while it was on offer. The rest off you quick get on the phone to TM and hound them for a PX with TM800 VS TM DUO.....Hopefully the DUO doesnt turn out to be a load of rubbish like the TM800 ...lol

"at the present tm800hd now works better then many opensouce boxes with all extra functions."

Thats the biiggest load of rubbish i've heard in a long time my 50 quid Dm500 clone from 4 years ago works better than a TM800....before you even start comparing to DM800HD, DM800SE, DM500HD, VU DUO/SOLO, Q Box Mini HD, OpenBox S9/S10, Coolstream etc etc...All of these are far superior to the TM800...

gsmtech

no rubbish clone comparison please
read the post properly you lost offer of refund for tm800 few month ago are you going to lose offer of px for tm twin as well ???
post does say not for hobbyist
do something or carry on raving
tm twin is broadcome not nxp

Calm down..Im not loosing anything, I wasnt silly enough to buy a TM800. But it's good of TM to offer PX with the new reciever, I suggest all TM800 owners find out about this ASAP and take advantage.

Rubbish clones are working better than TM800 mate...so whats rubbish the clones or the TM800 ?? Whats the TM DUO ? a VU DUO/Dreambox Broadcom based clone ??? lol

gsmtech

i use original watch cost me £250 copy of this watch is £10 also does same may be more
but i hate clone and copies.its nothing wrong you like copies i do not
do not intend to talk about fake items
please stop writing about fakes other wise point less replying you

For the record I would be interseted in a px deal providing the cost is not too great - I have emailed TM for an indication of price

gsmtech

i use original watch cost me £250 copy of this watch is £10 also does same may be more
but i hate clone and copies.its nothing wrong you like copies i do not
do not intend to talk about fake items
please stop writing about fakes other wise point less replying you

@Sat Racer
You have managed to throw this thread completely of topic,
if this continues there will be consequences,
can we all please get back on track and lets not turn this thread into another slanging match please :)

@Sat Racer
You have managed to throw this thread completely of topic,
if this continues there will be consequences,
can we all please get back on track and lets not turn this thread into another slanging match please :)

Ok the answer the OP the later IQ images are the best, I am using the very latest one 9-11-2011 which is stable for most things, if you are using a non motorised system this is probably the best image for you

for what its worth technomate have confirmed to me this morning that the TM800HD will not be abondoned and that a fully working image will be sorted once the tm twin is out but cant confirm an exact time when it will be ready

For the record I would be interested in a PX deal providing the cost is not too great - I have emailed TM for an indication of price

Just to let you guys know, I did receive a response from Technomate stating they will be offering TM800 users a part exchange option for a limited period.

However this will not occur until the official release of the TM-Twin, which the date is not set as yet.

The actual trade in price is currently unknown

I should also add the software devolopment on the TM800Hd will resume once the TM-Twin is released

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back