Other best image for pensioner!

colin445

Inactive User
Reaction score
My 77 year old mum wants to get an Enigma box.
Can anyone suggest the easiest image for her?

Well once setup there all relativity easy for someone who just want to watch TV.

Id go with Blackhole on the Duo, this does require manual cam install though if you dont fancy that then OpenATV similar to vix but it just works.

Just to expand on above question....

Most receivers all over the world have an EPG button. This is the Electronic Program Guide which provides details about the program. Be it current or future.

What the world calls EPG (incluing Ofcom), a certain broadcaster/provider calls it "synposis".

whats wrong with a dm500?

stick commando on it and you can set it to grab a near perfect epg each day.
then set it to run autobouquets once a month or so.

cheap, reliable user freindly setup.. :)

if your new to Enigma 2 boxes install someones backup image for skyuk if that's the one you want

open vix without a doubt has the best epg i have tried them all and even my parents who are in there 60's find it easy to use and unlike all the other images what its says on the remote it actually does.(e.g channel +/- changes channel.)

Compared to the OpenPLI, would you say that OpenVIX are better?

Compared to the OpenPLI, would you say that OpenVIX are better?

they are very similar but openvix has a far better epg and has slight improvements over openpli but
without a doubt it is better than openpli in my opinion.

everyone has there own preference u should just try all the images from the different groups to see which one u prefer. but i bet it will be openvix

I myself have been looking for an easy to use system,
I have a solo2 se (I assume it is a clone even though it was sold as an original.it has a sticker on it saying where to download image from)
I have open vix with cross epg and a sLy skin from fraggle and another from blue hd which are both very very good and close to the original.
I have an external hardrive so I can record and watch different channels.
I have ts media and ts panel which are both good plugins.
Hope this helps.
If im allowed and find out how ,I could upload my image for you?

Back