Best cheap satellite receiver (has to be easy to navigate)

hakz

Member ++
Reaction score
I currently have an eaglebox hd800, and it's just a terrible box. From the get go it was difficult to get a hang of until I was shown how. Then it was simply glitchy, channel lists, when rearranged, never stayed put and would go back to the original order (lost literally hours of work rearranging it). Having no channel editor was the worst. Plus it is mainly for my parents who aren't technically savvy and having to browse to favorites and scroll down until they see the channel is a pain (they can't really read english either).

Basically I want something that isn't glitchy. Easy to navigate. Something that can easily have a channel list rearranged (that has a channel editor), that way I can feel confident and give them a number to start on and they can simply press up or down to get to the channel they want.

EPG isn't that important, I dont need to see what will be on throughout the day. That's what the internet is for. Single tuner also.

I currently have an eaglebox hd800, and it's just a terrible box. From the get go it was difficult to get a hang of until I was shown how. Then it was simply glitchy, channel lists, when rearranged, never stayed put and would go back to the original order (lost literally hours of work rearranging it). Having no channel editor was the worst. Plus it is mainly for my parents who aren't technically savvy and having to browse to favorites and scroll down until they see the channel is a pain (they can't really read english either).

Basically I want something that isn't glitchy. Easy to navigate. Something that can easily have a channel list rearranged (that has a channel editor), that way I can feel confident and give them a number to start on and they can simply press up or down to get to the channel they want.

EPG isn't that important, I dont need to see what will be on throughout the day. That's what the internet is for. Single tuner also.

I would recommend for the money an nbox 5800sx - under £100, Enigma2 based so you can use the funky slyhd skin floating about. Its got dual tuner and HD - what more could you ask for :)

The ones on ebay are £100+. Is there an equivalent but a single tuner instead?

There is a New Blade 5000s HD receiver retailing @ £79 or even the Spiderbox 6000HD with Gift when patched at the same price

Do they both run enigma well? I can install skins on it? What gift do the spider box come with?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Do they both run enigma well? I can install skins on it? What gift do the spider box come with?

You asked for an easy to Navigate receiver Linux either Enigma1 or 2 are precisely not that, They are once setup correctly but if you struggled with an Eagle 800HD then your going to struggle with a Linux receiver.

Learn to walk before you can run, The Spiderbox 6000HD once patched will open certain channels on other satellites but nothing on 28.2° east for that you will have to source elsewhere

I can handle the navigation on Linux boxes, it's not a problem for me. Setting up the enigma with the sky skin is mainly for my parents. I struggled with the eagle box at first but got the hang of it. But it was buggy for me, had issues throughout. And still do, and support and further development for eaglebox is slim to non existent. They don't even have a channel editor.

I'm not sure about the spiderbox now following your last post. But I also tried to find more info on the blade 5000s, there isn't a subsection for the model here, and googling that model, there isn't too much info on it.. or are you talking about the blade bm500-s?

Last edited:
Went ahead and bought the 5800sx. It was preflashed with enigma 2 and has nebula zero on it. Great box, powerful and hardly any issues setting it up.

Went ahead and bought the 5800sx. It was preflashed with enigma 2 and has nebula zero on it. Great box, powerful and hardly any issues setting it up.

Would recommend installing Hyperoin v3 onto a USB drive and installing the Sly skin which can be found here ( I think..) If not drop me a PM and I'll send you a link. Cheers

Back