Bent makes £16.5m Tottenham move

Does anyone know if this is the same Bent, that played for Sheffield United under Neil Warnock.

Does anyone know if this is the same Bent, that played for Sheffield United under Neil Warnock.

No he didnt play for Sheffield United at any point as far as i know. Are you thinking of Marcus Bent? He played at Sheffield United in 1999-2000 under Neil Warnock.

Last edited:
How on earth is Darren Bent worth more than Henry and i dont care about his age his not on the level to be worth that much

got to also agree with the above posts but you cant blame Darren Bent nor Charlton for getting the best deal they possibly can.

I for one think DB is worth the money. A 20+ goals a season striker, only 23 years old but with an already proven goalscorring talent in the prem. The lad seems to have a decent temprement, I cant see any question marks over how he will intergrate with and effect the team spirit, unlike certain other strikers on the market eg Bellamy. He has demonstreated his desire to be with Spurs, more than can be convincingly thought about another apt comparable - Owen at Newcastle. How much was Owen? Either way I would take DB. Look at the ambition of Spurs (my team) and this purchase can also been seen as an insurance policy. Whilst I dont believe we will see the back of Dimitrar for the foreseeable future, a club with aspirations has to ask - can we afford not to spend £16.5 on DB? For my money, the answer is NO. Unlike an insurance policy, DB will give a regular return, and one day may be called on and lead the line for the mighty yids.

Back