Belkin N1 Desktop Card (Unidentified Network) Problem

qwertyasdfg

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Morning All,

Recently I picked up a Belkin N1 Wireless Desktop Card v2000 brand new for my desktop setup, I installed it a few hours ago and followed the instructions on how to do it step by step, I even got the lastest drivers for it as initially the device was not being recognised by the system using the drivers off the CD that came with it.

Once set up, I tried to connect to my wireless Netgear WGR614v6 router, which it found and connected to just fine but it kept on giving me an error message saying "unidentified network" & "no internet access", I tried messing with the windows troubleshooting function and playing around with a few settings for the device itself but still ended up with the same result!

I can successfully connect to my wireless netgear router using my laptop and also if I plug a wireless USB adaptor into the desktop in question, I thought the problem may be with my Anti-Virus programme not allowing this new device access or something, so I disabled that too, but still no joy.

Finally, I tried calling Belkin's technical support department, which are based in India and that was just pointless, as after wasting 20 minutes of my time on the phone with a rep, it was quite clear that they didn't have a clue, the rep didn't even know what a wireless desktop card was, shockingly and quite stupidly I stayed on the phone with them but gave up after repeating too many times.

Has anyone come across this problem or can anyone offer me some advice on how I may be able to resolve this issue??

Thanks in advance for your time and help, any input would be much appreciated.

Hello.

Did you try what the people have suggested on the other forum where you have posted about your query?

Hello Mate,

Yup, tried all the advice given on the other forum, still the same issue though!

Guna try a new router next.

Hello.

Did you try what the people have suggested on the other forum where you have posted about your query?

Back