Bear Grylls makes a shelter!

ice2004

Inactive User
Reaction score
OK not for people with a weak stomach or really animal friendly people, but if you need to survive you will do anything.

[ame]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Ysat-igQi44[/ame]

i saw this on tv once - it interesting to watch. Especially his reaction to the Berber delicacy :)

Hes a crazy guy, alot of his shows have fake parts in them but he still drinks fluid from elephant sh1t, eats live snakes, frogs scorpions, maggots that were feeding on a dead animal carcass etc

mr and mrs grylls didnt have much imagination when he popped out and they had to give him a name ? ffs Bear

ive watched a couple of the tv shows and was dissapointed, the ray mears programs imo are better.

amazing

Bear Grylls Eats A Live Snake

[ame]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=XXuFR7Cz4rk[/ame]

Bear Grylls Eats A live Frog

[ame]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6boGhYWOX9k&feature=related[/ame]

Man vs. Wild - Bear Grylls Eats a Rabbit

[ame]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=RpvF52dhk10&feature=related[/ame]

Ray Mears is exceptional and sometimes trains the SAS however with Ray Mears he always assumed you are well prepared with all the tools etc. The point of Bear Grylls show was you were caught out and only had a knife and a water bottle.

As i was saying alot of Bears stuff is fake (see below link) however the sh1t he eats and alot of the stuff he does is not fake but very disgusting and things you should and would only do if you were desperate.

[ame]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=p0qyKyWaNEQ&feature=related[/ame]

Ray Mears is exceptional and sometimes trains the SAS however with Ray Mears he always assumed you are well prepared with all the tools etc. The point of Bear Grylls show was you were caught out and only had a knife and a water bottle.

true didnt think of it that way.....

he is one mad guy,and he probably will never need to do it in a survival situation

just seen the wild horses,,,,not

Last edited:
The thing i really enjoyed about Bear Grylls show was he not only told you how to get out of situations he actually showed you.

He dived into a freezing lake with his clothes on, into sinking sand, into a mud bog, into a revine and gave you tips on how to get out. So he didnt only give you a theoretical way out he actually put his theory into practice.

Ray Mears is still the best but for excitement Bears shows are good to watch.

Anyone seen the film 'Rob Roy'?

He climbed inside a rotten cow to hide from the soldiers. :)

I thought Bear was in the SAS? Lets be honest though, these programs are great, but how many of us would ever be in that kind of a situation? Very few.

I read a book as a child, called how to out run a crocodile, and it was all survival stuff, and that, but never used any of it. You run zigzag if anyone is wondering, as a croc is faster than a human in a straight line.

A croc can run up to 30mph over a short distance according to Bear :) And yeah he is or was in the SAS.

Yeah i know what you mean, i love these shows but will never actually use 99.9% of the knowledge you get from them. However its always useful to know how to make a fire, especially if you havent got matches and a deodorant can :)

Guess the only time the majority of us would have to use the skills would be if our plance crashed while going on holiday or something, but then feck hunting poor animals im eating the guy beside me!

A croc can run up to 30mph over a short distance according to Bear :) And yeah he is or was in the SAS.

Yeah i know what you mean, i love these shows but will never actually use 99.9% of the knowledge you get from them. However its always useful to know how to make a fire, especially if you havent got matches and a deodorant can :)

Guess the only time the majority of us would have to use the skills would be if our plance crashed while going on holiday or something, but then feck hunting poor animals im eating the guy beside me!

But even the most basic of skills can be learned in Scouts and stuff, or at least that is where I learnt alot of it. Like knowing how not to get lost in a forrest. Look for a tree with moss on it. As moss only grows on the south side of the tree.

As for fire making, everyone knows the old 2 sticks method, or a personal favourite of mine, pottasium permanganate to light a fire.

Bear rocks but I'm sure this isn't the sort of survival the SAS teach you. Years ago my neighbour was an ex SAS and I never remeber him telling us kids he had eaten snakes...still, all in the name of entertainment

Bear rocks but I'm sure this isn't the sort of survival the SAS teach you. Years ago my neighbour was an ex SAS and I never remeber him telling us kids he had eaten snakes...still, all in the name of entertainment

Mate survival is survival. The SAS are rock mate, train not far from where I live, about 10 mins away. And snake is actually really good for you, I guess the program wouldnt have such an impact if Bear was in the forrest of Dean or something, eating a squirrel.

Bear is only his nickname , His real name is Paddington !!!

Back