BBCiPlayer and ITVPlayer both Green Screen

mcnallbe

Inactive User
Reaction score
My problem is that BBCiPlayer and ITVPlayer both green-screen just after the show is selected. I presume it's just as the video would be displayed.

I've an 800HD (original, not clone) and am running Gjstroom's OpenPLI image from DM800hd openpli 12March2013 by Gjstroom and extras - Downloads - Digitalworldz that already contains these plugins.

I've also followed the advice at Page Not Found - DigitalWorldz Technology Forum - Satellite, television, consoles, community and uploaded the new plugin.pyo file, but that didn't seem to change anything (apart from losing the file numbers in the crash report).

This is my first attempt at messing with the Dreambox software, so at this point I'm stuck for ideas as to what to try next. If someone could help me out that'd be really great!

Please let me know if you need any more information about my setup. Sorry if I'm missing any important details in this post.

Thanks!

Attachments

• enigma2_crash_1390300716.log.txt
    14 KB · Views: 2
  • enigma2_crash_1390299273.log.txt
    14 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
;) Yep, that's the good news. I've searched a lot to try to find others with this problem, and it looks like it's just me.

That means it's certainly something I've done, or not done, and once we know what that is then I'll be able to get it working. Probably something really simple and obvious too - it usually is.

;) Yep, that's the good news. I've searched a lot to try to find others with this problem, and it looks like it's just me.

That means it's certainly something I've done, or not done, and once we know what that is then I'll be able to get it working. Probably something really simple and obvious too - it usually is.

If you look in the image section youll find lots of backups with those 2 plugins included that do work fine.

Ok ... so I said it'd be something simple ... :)

I've now got both BBCiPlayer and ITVPlayer working on my 800HD on OpenPli 2.1 as described above.

For anyone else having the same problem as me, the cure was to enable the fake "I'm based in the UK, honest 'gov" service. Once I'd done that, the green screens stopped and the streaming started.

I know these plugins only work for UK-based users, but I hadn't expected full-blown crashes until the location is corrected. I've since found one other post talking about crashes if the network cable isn't properly in. I guess that'd be the same thing.

Anyway, thanks a lot for everyone's help. It looks to be a really great forum, and I'm glad I've signed up.

obviously if network cable not seated will green screen

also if ip blocked same result

Back