Barack Obama's election victory brings a new dawn of leadership

1st of all...I am not a racist and I dont care what his colour is but there is no denying his colour played a massive part in him being elected, according to the news coverage 97% of African Americans voted for him. The difference between Jessie Jackson and him is that he was able to get people to come out and vote and thats another fact not fiction.
The race for the white house was not one sided and it was really very close, because of the way their system works the winner gets all the votes except for in 2 states where they get shared according to the votes cast. There was around 117 million votes cast and McCain was only 7 million behind him, in percentage terms thats 52% to 47%.

Good luck to the fella, he has a hell of a job to do in cleaning up the mess.

Even Obama can not clear up the US's biggest ever financial mess in history.

Poor Obama will be in charge of one of America's deepest recessions, probably the worst time to be ever elected. The coming months will tell if he has the power to get Americans to knuckle down and expect a rough ride ahead. Bush et al will be laughing their asses of watching him try to rebuild after their financial holocaust.

Originally Posted by witchy2k1 Well, I'm hoping that his more liberal views will help heal some of the tension between the west and the middle east.

That's about it basically.

Slightly off-topic, but does anyone know what his plans are for American Health care?

I was half watching (wasn't really paying attention) a BBC news report on News24 and I'm sure it said he was looking to start up a version of a National Health Service, is this true?

Originally Posted by mozr Here you go witchy

Where is is going to get the money, and should you not be asking what Brown is going to do for our own NHS ? fook the Yanks thats there problem

Hmm, I am not so sure the state of the NHS will figure too strongly in the minds of Obama and Biden for the present time...

I also notice from the news that the whole US government has shifted over to the Democrats. Hopefully, this should ease Obama in his first six months or so getting the job done.

I wonder if he will use McCain in his cabinet?

They needed 60 senate seats for super majority control and they only have 56 but it should be a big enough majority to gets most of his stuff through.

He shouldn't have to wait until January to take office, he should march right up to the Oval office, kick open the door and boot that war mongering oil hungry COWBOY right in the stains. :proud:

:Cheers:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Is it a rebellion?" asked Dubya of the man who tied his laces every morning and who informed him of the fall of Republicanism.

"No, sir," came the reply. "It is a revolution."
[/FONT]

Hmm, I am not so sure the state of the NHS will figure too strongly in the minds of Obama and Biden for the present time...

I also notice from the news that the whole US government has shifted over to the Democrats. Hopefully, this should ease Obama in his first six months or so getting the job done.

I wonder if he will use McCain in his cabinet?

Who said it was read before you make comments

LMAO!!!!

what a bunch a numptey's these Americans are... its like comedy watching them on the news haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi don,t expect any thing diffrent from obama he is just a another amercian president he will carry on with the same bullsh*t if not worse bush has left america and world in the sh*t it will take long long time to recover

here's my thoughts.

McCain didn't get in because they didn't want Palin to become president as the odds are McCain would of died in office.

Obama (mixed race parentage) becomes president due to black vote and runs with a white vice president.

Obama gets bumped off, Vice President (White) becomes President status quo resides.

What happens if Obama gets bumped off prior to inaugauration.

This is racist.

This guy needs banning.

This is racist.

This guy needs banning.

Before you call anybody a racist think, my wife is black, so easy to play the race card

the guy will change the world,i think he'll bring big things.

Either that or he'll be another Kennedy and another Conspirousy.

I was looking forward to this debate but I see it has gone of topic and turned a little sour. Hmm was it really necessary getting another member banned over their political views?

I don't understand how and why some people get banned and others don't when we all sprout the same crap albeit in a different manner.

Oh Barrack blah blah dey took our jurbs...

I think he was banned for making a Racist comment mate, it wasn't Political.

Yes the Moderator who banned him gave the ban for Racist remarks

u know 95% of black voters voted for obama according to us news channels

is that not racist ?

Back