Bank Account OD

fatspanner

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just looking for a bit of advice.

I've got an account with Natwest and i knew that a payment was due out on the 31st December. Well instead of tranferring some money from another account to cover this i had some money in my paddypower betting account.

So on the 26th i withdrew the the amount to be credited to the account. It not an account i use often so i checked yesterday and was well and truely pissed off as they never put the money in. So now the account is OD and charges have been applied. Paddypower say to allow 5 days for withdrawals (which i did).

I phoned PP and they say that the bank they deal with have it in an holding account and should be paid for monday.

Do i have the right to try and claim my charges from PP or the bank holding the money??

I'm well pissed off as now when th money is paid in it will still be OD due to the charges.

fats

It might be worth phoning your bank and explaining the situation.

A similar thing happened to us last month and our bank reimbursed the charges.

not to sure but if you tranfered the money on the 26th dont they take 5 working days so monday would be correct date for money to go into other account.

Most banks will refund 1 charge every 6 calendar months as a gesture of goodwill!!

So def worth a shot.

My daughter has just informed me she went 32 pence overdrawn at Christmas and the Abbey have applied a £30 fee....scandalous, especially as it is her 1st time ever being overdrawn. The sooner they get this bank case sorted the better.

I am 90% confident she will get it returned but if not then she will be joining the line in small claims court. No way will they go through that for 32 pence. But I think a nicely worded letter will sort it out and it can be as easy as that for you aswell fatspanner.

natwest should refund the money back to you as a goodwil gesture, as long as this is your first time

Don't know why it takes 5 days (well I do, the banks make money on it).
They said months ago that it would be speeded up, I've seen no evidence of it.

In Sweden a bank transfer must BY LAW be done in 24 hours.

my wife done this a few months ago with nat west she got an overdraft payment for my car insurance then another for our house insurance then the car put in for it again so we got a third charge before we knew anything about it went to the bank to explain was told normally as it is first time they would give us back our money (£105.00) £35 each time but because of the case going on against bank they cant told us to watch out for result the come back for our money

same happended to me..last month had a standin order in my ex's account for my laptop..she didnt have money in her account so the standin order got a charge off 35 pound plus the next 2 days at 25 pund each day so i had to pay her 85 pound for a stupid charge and she went into the bank and they said more or less tough shite..should have made sure u had money in.. i was gutted like..that was with the clydedale bank

Back