Baffled by dead SB5100 - Please help!

stickybuds

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi, I have 2 SB5100's, one of them works fine after i flashed it with SIGMA-X2: Version 1.0 (build 128) using my blackcat. The other one i have tried to flash with just about every bootloader and firmware i could find but nothing seems to work.

After failing to get it flashed with software downloaded from forums I thought that if i took the dump's from the one that worked and flashed them onto the one that dosn't work it would fix it.

I first flashed the 2MB flash file, then the bootloader and then the firmware. The modem was still dead. So i took a full 8MB memory dump from the working one and flashed that to the dead one and still it is dead.

Should dump's taken from a working 5100 bring a dead 5100 back to life?

What else can i try to get this modem back up and running? is there some sort of recovery firmware for 5100's?

I would be most greatful if somone could help me out with this as i have been tring for days/weeks to get this to work.

Also when i am flashing the dead 5100 it takes weel over 1hr to write the 2MB flash, is that normal?

Sticky...

Over an hour is a little too long really even for a standard BC cable.

Sounds to me like you've done your first one and some wires, or the header on the board, may have come loose and is giving read write errors.

I'd check your connections are solid first.

Then when your happy they are take a full 2MB dump of the working one and just flash that to the one that's being a pain. The 2MB dump should be enough to get it going as it contains the bootloader anyway ;)

:)

Cheers monkey. Got it going in the end, no loose wires just keept reflashing it with same 2MB dump from working modem and after about 15 flashes it worked, strange thing is that the final flash that worked stopped at 80%

80% would have been more than enough to flash the bootloader and image 1etc.

You'll find that if your image 1 ever corrupts and it reverts to image 2 your modem won't boot ;) (Don't worry though as it's unlikely, and you can always reflash again anyway)

:)

Back