Not open for further replies.
it's all done.

screen1pf5.jpg

for 3.51 and 3.52 m33, enjoy : View attachment 30966

game opening sequence:
screen1mg2.jpg

cold boot logo:
screen1wg8.jpg

anybody else wants this theme then just use your own opening_plugin.rco or leave the original file as it is so it dosent show the "welcome janobi" screen on cold boot
if you want the cold boot logo as above but with your name then just let me know.

remember to free up space in flash0 before flashing a theme.

Nice one mate, but it aint showing up? Something wrong with the image host??

you mean you cant see the screenshots? hmm strange they are showing up ok for me.
will upload them here:

View attachment 31011 <---click

View attachment 31012 <---click

View attachment 31013 <---click : spook :

there you go mate.
but the best way to see them is to download the theme and stick it on your PSP: spook :

Last edited:
you mean you cant see the screenshots? hmm strange they are showing up ok for me.
will upload them here:

View attachment 31011 <---click

View attachment 31012 <---click

View attachment 31013 <---click : spook :

there you go mate.
but the best way to see them is to download the theme and stick it on your PSP: spook :

Cheers ears. Kryton you da man. Thankx mate, most impressed with my new theme. 2 small questions though.

1. Where do I download it from?
2. How do I flash it to the PSP.

you can download it here : >>>janobi's theme.rar<<<
this theme is for 3.51 or 3.52 M33 only. dont use it if your on another firmware.

to flash it to your psp you have to enter the recovery menu and select advanced / toggle USB (flash0)

then put the files from the download in the correct folders. ive already sorted the files into the correct folders in the download so you know where they will go.

the file in the font folder goes in the font folder in your flash 0
the files in vsh \ resource go in the vsh \ resource folder in your flash 0
the files in vsh \ nodule go in the vsh \ nodule folder in your flash 0

you just copy and paste the files over, over writing the original files.

but before you do it make a back up of your flash0 first. so if any problems occur then you still have your original flash0 files.

secondly it is a good idea to clear up some free space in flash 0 before you flash the theme because the theme is bigger than the original sony theme. you can use this to clear up around 3mb of space:>> View attachment 31065 <<
you can also delete the DIC folder from your flash0 (it contains korean languages etc) so it is safe to delete. this will free up 3mb of space too.

Last edited:
doing a great job there kryton,nice when people take time out to help others

what do u think of this new derby avvy,,found it on my travels,will need resizing a little if u want it

Last edited:
Cheers mate. looks nice.
only problem is i cant seem to upload it here. ive got it down to 105x105 (49kb) which still looks good but it tells me im only allowed 19kb in size.

which is odd because if you right click on my current avatar and select properties you will see it is 60kb in size and is linked to digital worldz.
tried linking it from here and imageshack too and still says file size is to big
: shocked2

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers mate. looks nice.
only problem is i cant seem to upload it here. ive got it down to 105x105 (49kb) which still looks good but it tells me im only allowed 19kb in size.

which is odd because if you right click on my current avatar and select properties you will see it is 60kb in size and is linked to digital worldz.
tried linking it from here and imageshack too and still says file size is to big
: shocked2
reupload the smaller one and i will see what i can do if a have time..dongrading a psp and trying to find the united match on my technomate at the same time lol

Hey kryton, just flashed my psp. Looking nice. Only thing is that the background isnt showing properly, its actually white. Any ideas as to why? Have checked and the bitmap file is on the psp, its just not shown. Nice one mate.

Hey kryton, just flashed my psp. Looking nice. Only thing is that the background isnt showing properly, its actually white. Any ideas as to why? Have checked and the bitmap file is on the psp, its just not shown. Nice one mate.

try going into the theme settings on the psp and you should be able to enable it there

this is normal mate when you flash a new 01-12 bitmap. what you need to do is goto settings/ theme settings/ theme in the XMB and choose the new theme. it will show up 1 under where it says original in the list.

glad you like it mate.

Last edited:
this is my alienware theme i put together: View attachment 29728

the topmenu_plugin and opening_plugin are for 3.40oe only.

if you use the opening_plugin on any other firmware you wont beable to load psx games.

the topmenu_plugin will semi brick your psp on any other firmware.

ok to recap:
firstly and most important is make a complete backup of your flash0.

following files go in: x:\vsh\resource (flash0)
- topmenu_plugin.rco - Menu icons
- system_plugin_fg.rco - Battery icon
- system_plugin_bg.rco - Waves
- system_plugin.rco - Sounds in menu
- impose_plugin.rco - Volume bar
- 01-12.bmp - Background
- gameboot.pmf - Game opening sequence
- sysconf_plugin.rco - Usb slide bar
- opening_plugin.rco - Coldboot sound & txt

the following file goes in x:\font (flash0)
- itn0.pgf - font

thats the theme done :)

now you can go even further if you wish.
for instance i changed the network update icon so it reboots the psp instead.

you need to put this: View attachment 29720
into the the x:\vsh\nodule folder (flash0) overwriting the original 1
now the psp will reboot instead of going to the network update. this will work with any theme.

now you can change the TXT on the network update icon using RCO Edit:
View attachment 29722

open the topmenu_plugin using RCO Edit and change the txt on the line that says : msgtop_sysconf_update and hit change, like in the image below
View attachment 29723

and if all went well it should look like this
View attachment 29724

before doing any of this above though i would strongly suggest freeing up some space in your flash0. i use psp flasher posted by bro here psp flasher so thanks to bro for that.

finaly the opening_plugin has new sound but the standard SCE start logo txt.
if anybody wants me to customize it to a txt of your choice, IE your name then send me a PM with what you would like as your txt
think that covers everything :)

In my system menu im running 3.40 oe-a firmware can i run the top menu and opening plugin ?

yes mate. the attachment for the alien theme in that post will run fine on 3.40oe

it was just my later post which i updated the theme to 3.51/2 M33 that it wont.

Last edited:
anybody else wants this theme then just use your own opening_plugin.rco or leave the original file as it is so it dosent show the "welcome janobi" screen on cold boot
if you want the cold boot logo as above but with your name then just let me know.

remember to free up space in flash0 before flashing a theme.

Ive just updated to 3.52 m33 so my lad can have this theme and it works like a charm great work kryton. Could you do me a cold boot logo with "welcome george" my lad wold love that.
Cheers

Ive just updated to 3.52 m33 so my lad can have this theme and it works like a charm great work kryton. Could you do me a cold boot logo with "welcome george" my lad wold love that.
Cheers

yeah no worry's mate. will sort it after work for you.
how would you like the logo? just normal txt or like the one i did for janobi?

Yea something a bit fancy like janobis please mate that would be great he would love that. And thanks for this mate your gunna make one 9 yr old lad very happy i just know he will be over the moon with his personalized psp.

here you go mate. ive done 2 with different font style's. if you would like another font instead just let me know.
the 2 i have done:

View attachment 31243 <---click

download: View attachment 31245

View attachment 31247 <---click

download: View attachment 31246

the screenshots are poor quality,but easier to upload smaller pics ;)

i think i might of got the screenshots the wrong way round : spook :
but you will know after you have downloaded them

Last edited:
Worked like a charm mate after i remembered to enable the sony logo and the speech that comes with is great. Thanks again for that mate your a star.

your welcome mate.

Last edited:
Done 1 for you mr mod ;)

View attachment 31260 <---clickerty click click click :handball:

View attachment 31261

again screenshot looks a bit shitty. but it works perfect. i think even john will want this 1: spook :

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back