AVG Free

gaza2001

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi guys, i am running avg free on my pc and just wondered if this was enough to protect it from being hacked etc? or could someone recommend any other program to either run beside or install instead of? preferably freeware.
many thanks.

remember that Malwarebytes is not an antivirus software. it should run with the antiv together.

AVG is not a best option in my opinion. look for either 'eset smart security' or full 'kaspersky antivirus' - these are not free but it's still possible to download them from various places ;)

kaspersky internet security works a treat for me and can be bought quiet cheaply. the last time i had to renew i got 3 1 year licences for £12

I'm using Avast and Malwarebytes and never have any issues.

Ill probably get slated for this but .... no need to run an anti-virus

I havent for years and no problems, as long as you dont click on things you shouldnt and install any old crap then there's no reason why you shouldnt stay virus free.

I would recommend microsoft security essentials though, and run malwarebytes anti-malware once in a while, anything else is just overkill

Ill probably get slated for this but .... no need to run an anti-virus

I havent for years and no problems, as long as you dont click on things you shouldnt and install any old crap then there's no reason why you shouldnt stay virus free.

I would recommend microsoft security essentials though, and run malwarebytes anti-malware once in a while, anything else is just overkill

i have went to some web sites and not clicked on anything and microsoft security essentials has saved me from getting infected so your better to be running something mate

nope... were you using IE? what sites did you go to - givemeavirus.com? ;)

as i say, havent run one for years, i just run malwarebytes once in a while and thats it

For myself I just scan weekly with Malwarebytes - free version, but as someone has already mentioned especially with the free version it is not a TSR program and can only be run as a on demand scan. The registered version will will run in the systray (TSR) but is not classed as a antivirus program.
However it is my number one proggie for removing infections. Other ones I have recommended are Avira anti virus - free version.

thanks for all your help guy's, have decided to stay with avg but full version thanks to speedy1234 and run spy-bot along side of it:Clap:

run microsoft security essentials along with avg and also spybot search and destroy
all free
works ok for me mate]

can you use two anti-vius programs together im sure i read something a while back that they can cause probems

Back