AutoBouquets E2 28.2E By LraiZer

1. For the sake of simplicity, forget ipks.
2. Uninstall any picons you may have installed.
3. The picon pack you mentioned was uploaded for you in post 198.Alternatively as mentioned above, download Rat's one.
4. Place the picon folder onto your USB stick.
5. You must decide on a location to create the links. This must be a linux file system. The internal flash memory of the receiver is in linux, so that is a good option.
/usr/share/enigma2/picon/ has been mentioned, so lets stick with that to avoid confusion. AB 28.2 will create the folder if it does not exist. A restart will be required later.
6. Set up AB 28.2 as pictured.

If this does not work for you, post screenshots of your setup and picon file paths.

Attachments

• ab picon.jpg
    ab picon.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 7
Excellent thanks will try this. So will the USB only be temporarily? Because after I have done the picons I want to make a full back up on a USB so when I restore from that back up on my other recievers, will all the picons still be on them as well even though they don't have a hard drive or USB stick connected?

Thanks

Sorry. I have made a mistake on the screenshot posted. Could a mod annotate that post please? I am attaching a corrected layout.

Link location: where you want the links to be created. This must be a linux file system.
Picon folder location: where the picons are located

The plugin will work will work based on the options you tell it to use. If you tell it the picons are on the USB drive and you then remove it, it won't work.
You don't have to use the USB stick. Just tell the plugin what your setup is.

Attachments

• ab picon.jpg
    ab picon.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 4
Hi,

Tried what you said in the 2nd post:

I copied your file from post 138 and placed on a USB and left it as a RAR file (so didn't unzip). Kept folder location /media/usb/picon and piconlink location as /usr/share/enigma2/picon. Done an autobouqets scan on top of my current bouquets, and it mentions picons detected applying and that you need to restart after search for it to work so I do and still no joy.

I can see the PNG files and folder links when I go on filezilla. When I click on the folder links it doesn't take me to the PNG though, not sure if its supposed to?

Tried all of the above with the rats picon, as well as the stefanbenno06 ipk i initially asked about. Theres an option in channel selection settings 'show picons in service list' that was ticked 'no' so i changed it to 'yes' and repeated all the above steps. Still nothing.

When in the plugin browser I pressed the green button, went to picons and downloded "tv-sandman.28e (20120307-r1) now this one works, only that has worked so far but only some, maybe half the channel picons are there. Think its because it is outdated.

I tried rats auto updater picon, it gives an error, see pic

Any ideas? Rats autoupdater sounds good if it actually would update

P.S I tried to add a pic to this post but wouldnt work, the problem I have with rats picon auto updater is:

....................................................................................
wget: not an http or ftp url. http:\\Digital Worlds - Just another WordPress site..................
unzip: can't open /tmp/latest_picons.zip[.zip]
Congratulations your picons have been updated
................................................................................

Last edited:
The other post said to downloads Rats picon pack, not his updater plugin. The updater does not work any more.

The text on the plugin menu should be pretty self explanatory. Please answer the following questions and I shall try and rephrase what you need to do.

1a. Where do you want to permanently store the picons?
1b. What file system is this location in?

2a. Where do you want to create the links. It can be same as 1a if it is a linux file system

Everyone's setup is different. It is up to you to configure how you want it. Anyway, if internal storage is not an issue for you, use as below. I am using the simplest layout possible.

1. Uninstall any picon ipks you may have installed.
2. Delete any other picon folders you may have created.
3. The picon pack you mentioned was uploaded for you in post 198. Extract it and place on the internal memory of your receiver. Do not place in any other folder.

Correct layout= /picon/.png files
Incorrect layout= /picon/picon/.png files
*(based on screenshot being attached)

4. Set up AB 28.2 as pictured.

Attachments

• ab picons last go.jpg
    ab picons last go.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 3
Yeah I tried rats picon pack then tried his.

1) I wanted to store the picons permanently on the internal flash (not a USB flash drive or not a hard drive). And so every time I restore from a full backup I automatically have it there (as I have every other plugins and settings).

1b & 2) Not to sure, as long as I can get the picons to work with them being stored n the internal flash of the reciever

I think I didn't extract it as from what I understood your not supposed to. Will give this a try and let you know thank you :)

Hi,

(I've sent this message on another forum to (as wasn't sure which one you were active on),

I've been using autobouqets for a good few months now. I've come across a problem now and wondering if you can help me. The ski sports channels don't work no more, I believe its due to frequencies changing today as it says "Tuner failed". I've been able to sort it out by deleting my channels and doing a rescan with AB. But want to know if there is a way of it auto updating without having to manually delete it first, so to future proof myself.

When I set it in settings to do an auto update it doesnt fix it, and from reading your notes I understand that this does not replace current channels just adds to them, so maybe if there is a way to replace current channels it will work?

Thanks in advance

It does not replace the channels in bouquets it did not make, the ones it makes ( even if you telll it to orde them differntly by use of sort files) will always be updated. It is possible that a change occurred after AB 28.2 was run.

I havent used anything else for channels. When I made my image backup, I set the tuner configuration, then done a scan using AB. its worked fine for a good few months but i hadnt set it to update so not sure if anything small i have missed. but today sports channels didnt work, so i tried rescanning didnt work. Tried setting auto update on and set it for few mins advance still didnt work, only way i fixed it was by deleteing channels and doing a rescan. any idea how to set it to auto update and replace or what i am doing wrong? I have attached screenshot of my settings.IMG_20150416_232846.jpg

Auto update and manual update runs the same process. If manually running the process fails, then a process started automatically will also fail. Anyway, to schedule an automatic update, it is the last option "scheduled update scan".

I have just run it and the chanenls are not giving tune failed. Did you have any other bouquets on your system?

It is only the ski sports channels that give tune failed. This is based on having an outdated auto boquets. So i think ski must have changed the frequencies of sky sports channels. To avoid confusion I have sorted it though via manual method just still trying to figure how to set it to do it automatically as i have passed my set up to others. Though it might be a matter of changing one of them settings around.

The plugin obtains what the channel settings are from the database on the satellite and writes it to the lamedb and bouqet files on your receiver. It does not matter whether you run it automatically or manually, process is the same.

There was a set of bouquets which conflicted with both ABM and AB 28.2. This is why I asked if you had any other bouquets on the system.

The plugin obtains what the channel settings are from the database on the satellite and writes it to the lamedb and bouqet files on your receiver. It does not matter whether you run it automatically or manually, process is the same.

There was a set of bouquets which conflicted with both ABM and AB 28.2. This is why I asked if you had any other bouquets on the system.

Yeah I never installed any other bouquets as far as I'm aware. I just installed the latest openvix image, then plugins like tsmedia, kodi etc

Could the ABM that comes by default on openvix be causing the problem?

ABM is just a plugin. It does not create bouquets until you run it. It won't run if you do not set it up.

Navigate to /etc/enigma2 on your receiver. Transfer the following files to your PC and then upload them here. You will need to zip/rar them.

lamedb
All files ending in .tv
All files ending in .radio

ABM is just a plugin. It does not create bouquets until you run it. It won't run if you do not set it up.

Navigate to /etc/enigma2 on your receiver. Transfer the following files to your PC and then upload them here. You will need to zip/rar them.

lamedb
All files ending in .tv
All files ending in .radio

Uploaded :)

Attachments

• TV Files.zip
    28.3 KB · Views: 4
There are no other bouquets in there apart from the ones the plugin created.

I have re run both AB and AB 28.2 many times as part of the testing for the new Vix image over the last few days. Not once has either of them failed (exluding the time I forgot to plug in the cable)

The only thing I can think of is that you are running plugin prior to changes being finalised. I don't know where this idea of doing a scan at 4am started from. Sorry out of ideas.

where did you get the 4am from? I think that on ABM it may be set to 4am but I don't use that. The auto boquets E2 isn't set to do a scan, because I seen it wouldn't make a difference. And recently when I got this problem of tune failed on sky channels, the scan didn't fix it. So I had to delete all channels and do a rescan. And had to do the same for everyone else that I gave a box to.

So I wanted to see if there is any way of setting it up so that it does a scan and replaces the channels that have tune failed so i dont need to fix every single one manually. If you have any ideas let me know thanks

So I wanted to see if there is any way of setting it up so that it does a scan and replaces the channels that have tune failed so i dont need to fix every single one manually.
That is what the plugin does. Not sure why it does not do this for you.

i tried this today and it worked, i have cable boquetmaker and this autoboquet maker E2 installed side by side.....anyway i was getting a lot of missing channels etc so here what i did...
1. ilike i said i have both sat and cable autoboquet maker installed on my vu+ultimo with sat and cable tuner with bh 2.1.5 image installed.
2. naviagte to etc/enigma2 folder and delete evrything in there, i use flash fxp to navigate to that folder.
3. Now go to a sky channel, any channel, by pressing the "red" button" on remote, this will give you all the channels , in my case its both with cable and astra 28.2...but select a FTA or any other sky channel...you can tell which is sky and which is cable by getting the info for that channel from the remote as it will say astra or will give relevant cable info.
4.now your on sky channel, set up autoboquetmaker for 28.2 for your area, ie mine was west midlands...and press green button to start, let it do its things after a few minutes , my case it took about a minute it said all done..reboot box...you shud have all boquets with missing channels..job done "

repeat with cable boquet maker if you have cable tuner installed, you will see additional boquets installed once the cable boquetmaker has done its thing...i basically add another folder in the boquets to seperate cable form sky cahnnels lol

hope that helps...

@abu Banaiz...any news on the cable epg patch?..i posted a reply in the vu forums but no one has replied, do you think there will be a fix for it as the download for the cable epg from the net has stopped working lol, back to square one..

Last edited by a moderator:
Back