Auction Site Scams!

The Mackem

Member ++
Reaction score
Currently doing the rounds on some of the auction sites are adverts for "get an XBOX/PS2/Gamecube for £25". Some of the sellers will ask you for 99p others £2 or more. Basicall they are trying to get your name on a pyramid list. You then pay and wait til 25 more people pay £25 then you get your console. The site doing this doesn't even have a contact telephone number saying they want to keep costs down by answering emails only. Best of all they already have lists started for the PS3/XBOX2. Or if you really want to lose big style you can always join a list for a plasma sreen TV, I think it was £100 to join that list.

You have been warned, so play it safe and don't be tempted.

nice one m8,i cant believe people actually fall for these scams.....umbelievable......:Dunce:

I use the auction sites to sell bits and pieces I no longer need or when I upgrade etc. So I came across these ads a while ago but you had to pay the seller to give you the website address. However one seller was listing the address (presumably he needed people after to him to part with their money before he got his goods), so he was giving the address away in his ad on the auction site. It turned out to be pyramid selling. You can advise people but whether they take any notice is up to them.

thanks Mackem good post M8 well worth leting people know about this kinda thing

Back