atmel reading????

pil196

Inactive User
Reaction score
Evening all i not been around for a bit i know...hope to spend more time here work permitting
ok enough of the sucking up i got a problem hoping some one could help me with Right the problem is that my box as fooked up good style and all i could get my hands on is a couple of 2000s ewwww i know bad start straight away.
well i got me self one of them willem programmers to be exact a willem 4.5
jabs jobby. So after some extensive research on here i sorted out the dips and jumpers ie main dip 1=off 2=off 3=on 4=off now the big one 1=off 2+3=on
4=off 5+6=on 7=off 8=on 9=off 10=on 11=off 12=on now jumpers 29f bridged
vpp bridged a18 to the pin above bridged and vpp to the next one bridged right that's the willem set up
so now i run 0.97g and select 29lv160 then click id and that gives me
0x1f atmel
0xc0 at49bv/lv16x4A
so then i read the 2 atmels and save the dumps so then i open up bke 2.2
and click on chip and in the first box under at49lv1614 i put my dump from chip one and the next one i put in the dump from chip 2 then click search
but all i get is dumps are corrupt clean legs
also i have had the reading settings in both willem and pcb
if some one could help me out on this i would be grateful or if they have a tut for this programmer that would be good to
thanks...

I usually sit the chip on a flat surface and use a bit of 600 grit sandpaper and gently rub along the lenghth of the legs of the chips then put it in willem, make sure chip legs are all touching willem pins usually by holding chip and flicking each end of the tsop holder on the willem, works for me when chips are reading as corrupt

I usually sit the chip on a flat surface and use a bit of 600 grit sandpaper and gently rub along the lenghth of the legs of the chips then put it in willem, make sure chip legs are all touching willem pins usually by holding chip and flicking each end of the tsop holder on the willem, works for me when chips are reading as corrupt

So thats what it could be then? becuse when i red the chip and change it to hex so i can read it its all full of FD FD ect.

If you are getting a file full of FD's then you definately have a problem somewhere. Strange you can ID the chip though as proper ID usually shows you are fairly well conected up properly.

If you are getting a file full of FD's then you definately have a problem somewhere. Strange you can ID the chip though as proper ID usually shows you are fairly well conected up properly.

hmm that's what i thought i don't have to modify this willem in any other way other than dips and jumpers do i??

i don't suppose some kind sole has a exc&w 2000 dump i could look at and to try to write to the atmels do they

thanks....

also what should the dump look like? as now i changed the voltage im geting all C5s and 01s and stuff?

Last edited:
Back