astraweb?

Colin

Inactive User
Reaction score
anyone else having problems in terms of download speeds being a bit poor the last 24 hours?

yeah working ok here too mate..
whos ur isp ?

Nope but was a few days ago. I changed to port 443 with 6 connections seemed to sort things out. Since then it's been maxing out my shitty connection :)

seems to be ok now upgraded to the newer version of newsbin... maybe a setting or 2 was off

i am virgin but no wasnt the cap as it was going up and down at times..

same probs here m8 had to change to port 8080 to get anywere near a good download speed

I have 50Mb with virgin and use ssl servers between 5-12 with their new policy I am lucky if I get 10Mb.

mine wont download fast at all getting about 1mb on 20mb modem

whats the new policy??

File sharing
We moderate the total volume of file sharing traffic on our network between 5pm and midnight on weekdays and midday and midnight on weekends. This policy is restricted to Peer to Peer ("P2P") applications and Newsgroups (which are commonly used to distribute large amounts of data)

This policy does not impact any applications other than Peer to Peer and Newsgroups, so things like watching iPlayer, online gaming, making calls via Skype, downloading music tracks from iTunes or streaming them from Spotify and sending an email or normal browsing are unaffected.

It's important to remember that these traffic management policies only apply at peak times when speeds are most likely to be affected by people using more than their fair share. Outside of peak times we do not manage traffic.

info from
Our traffic management policy

Back