arthur boruc - the idiot

there is no need for it mate religion aint a sport

it shouldnt be embroiled in football if folk wanna shout about their faith then go to church/chapel not football grounds

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

it shouldnt be embroiled in football if folk wanna shout about their faith then go to church/chapel not football grounds

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

well said m8 i totally agree. The clubs are working hard on sectairnism so why do Celtic allow this to happen. It kinda undoes a lot of their good word.

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

I agree...well said Gav, but unfortunately only those that want to hear will listen to the calls for it to stop, most have listened but some are just deaf.

well said m8 i totally agree. The clubs are working hard on sectairnism so why do Celtic allow this to happen. It kinda undoes a lot of their good word.

totaly agree with that m8,but if celtic are not bothered about this kind of stupidity from 1 of the senior players at the club then thats bad news,the sfa will need to do something or this kind of gesture to fans will start to wind oposition fans up and things could get ugly in the stands, all through a daft arse that doesnt even know what it used to be like years ago when things were ugly and violence at an old firm game was second nature.
but there again he thinks he knows it all .

dont mix up stupidity with sectarianism tho, they are completely different.

Boruc is an arse whose trying to cause trouble, however his gesture only invokes trouble with bigots.

Im a Rangers fan and the last thing i wanna do is stand up for Celtic but your way off the mark if u think something saying "god bless the pope" is bigoted.

Would someone please explain whats bigoted about it? This will make for interesting reading.

As much of a tool as Chick Young is he sums it up nicely here "It is a sad reflection of life in the West of Scotland that Boruc's God-bless-the-Pope apparel needs comment at all."

Last edited:
Thought I would jump in here, not to give my view on boruc, mainly as a celtic fan as soon as I hear anything about religion i switch off, religion was used to control people so cant be arsed with that.

I am so glad my nephew is being brought up supporting St Johnstone, he thinks celtic and rangers are dafties and will not support them, ( unless they in europe he will support any Scottish team in Europe ) and he is 15 now so think he is going to be a die hard blue or what ever St Johnstone are.

I would love to go back to scottish football in the 80's where 4 or 5 teams were ready for winning the things but it aint gonna happen now.

Football is football anything else is a name :) sorry for the ramble lol

to have a slogan blessing anything is not bigoted but it could be anoying to a bigot,and it only takes 1 to cause a riot and im affraid still to this day you will always get bigots in most stadiums no matter how hard we try to drive them out especially rangers and celtic, and you might be sitting next to one and not even know it untill something stupid happens,and then its time for god to take over your fate as flying objects have no concience.so the more we get these players to behave on the field the more chance the fans in the stand will aswell.players are meant to be ambasadors for the club, they get paid enough surley someone could say wait a min m8,this could cause a bad reaction out there,and we pay yer wages so behave yerself whilst representing the club.keep yer t-shirt for the journey home in this case.

why r ppl worried about
wats wrong with the pope tshirt?
ive lived through the troubles
in belfast all my life
and thats nothin ffs its only a t shirt

why r ppl worried about
wats wrong with the pope tshirt?
ive lived through the troubles
in belfast all my life
and thats nothin ffs its only a t shirt

liam i think ull find if u read every post no 1 has said theres anything wrong with the t-shirt in general, infact there has been a reasonable debate with no slagging and idiots for a change , its the fact he wore it to provoke and cause trouble, it only takes 1idiot drunken fan to run on pitch hit boruc over the head with bucky bottle, then next minute theres hundreds of gers fans and celtic fans on the pitch fighting, boruc set out to cause trouble, am glad nothing came of it but could have ended up terribly on another day,

what puzzles me is i sit with rangers and celtic fans for years watching games, and for years we slag and call lehmann for everything, as hes a wank in truth, but as soon as celtic get boruc , they stick up for him even though boruc is taking it to another level and trying to cause crowd trouble

another thought why did strachan let boruc walk out wearing it on derby day when he knows it could coz potential crowd trouble

just 2 things

point 1
UNACCEPTABLE CONDUCT AT CELTIC PARK AND AWAY FOOTBALL STADIA
celtic football club will not tolerate unacceptable conduct at celtic park or at away football stadia
Unacceptable Conduct is conduct which is violent or disorderly

Violent conduct includes any actual, attempted or threatened physical violence against any person, or intentional damage to property

Disorderly conduct includes:

Conduct which stirs up or sustains, or is likely or is designed to stir up or sustain, hatred or ill will against or towards individuals or groups of people because of:

Colour, race, nationality (including citizenship) or ethnic or national origin
Membership or presumed membership, of a religious group or of a social or cultural group with perceived religious affiliation
sexual orientation
transgender identity
disability

using threatening, abusive or insulting words or conduct

displaying writing or any other thing which is threatening, abusive or insulting

point 2
Decisions of the International F.A. Board

Players must not reveal undershirts that contain slogans or advertising. The basic compulsory slogans or advertising. The basic compulsory equipment must not contain any political, religious or personal statements.

Players must not reveal undershirts that contain slogans or advertising. The basic compulsory slogans or advertising. The basic compulsory equipment must not contain any political, religious or personal statements.
A player removing his jersey to reveal slogans or advertising will be sanctioned by the competition organiser. The team of a player whose basic compulsory equipment contains political, religious or personal slogans or statements will be sanctioned by the competition organiser or by FIFA.

who cares ?

fanny.png

Gold help the dope!

Absolute tube of a man.

yous gers fans need to calm down its only a fooking wind up with the holy goalie

Spot the difference?.. erm
Only the picture of andy goram is not in a sporting context?

Back