Aria.co.uk - Don't bother!

Trancemaster

Inactive User
Reaction score
I recently bought a TimberWolf gaming keyboard form Aria, paid for it plus £6.95 for delivery, only to ifnd it was a US layout keyboard. I was pretty impressed for a while but it hurt my hand so I decided to send it back and get a refund using the US vs UK layout as my reason. Before doing so however, I thought I would review it on the website to tip off other potential buyers of its pro's + cons.

What did Aria do? Edit my reivew to only show the good points and none of the negatives! They also used details to make the description more complete. It amazes me that they can sell a product without any spec whatsoever!

They also tried to claim that my delivery charge would not be refunded!

just took a look, the cheeky B****!!! whats the point in letting users comment if theyre going to edit them?! ****s

send it back, or go to their branch (depending on where you live, as it is 20 mins from me)

Yep, useless t*ssers. They're ok if you have no problems, but trying to return anything is a nightmare. Customer service(?) is sh*te. I'd rather pay a bit extra for the peace of mind you get when you deal with a company you can trust.

returns can sometimes be hard too i stood there arguing for half an hour just to get a credit note last time i returned anything, depends who your get but it should be ok since it was an error on their part

ive been stung by these before. totally unhelpful.

have to say that - contrary to many peoples views, ebuyer have been great for me. I have returned allsorts without hassle.

latest example being a radeon agp card that wouldn't always initialise on my via motherboard.

I've bought loads of stuff from there with no hassle.

At the end of the day its not their fault that the keyboard hurts your hand and you say you liked it at first aswell so why should they give a re-fund if you dont like it? If you bought a pair of trainers wore them for a while and wanted your money back would you expect it back?

Quite bad that they edited your comment though, but they hardly want people to see negative comments on their products on their site? Its a buisnedd afterall and the #1 priority is to make money.

i must admit returns from aria r a pain but ive alwas found the staff helpful

And here we still are, over a month since the order was placed and I still do not have a refund. Emailing them is no use - they never reply. Calling their CS line is also pointless - was on hold for an hour today before giving up (the 30 second looping hold music thingy was driving me spare).

Not sure what else to do now. Can't face giving up as the b*stards owe me £50!

On that subject I got a really good response from Novatech today. After doing the usual "Carrying out their suggestions" they issued me with a returns number. I sent an MP3 player back yesterday afternoon and got a call back this morning confirming it was faulty and would I like a replacement?

This is actually the second time I've sent something back to Novatech with no hassles what so ever?

I've bought stuff from Aria before but fortunately never had to send it back.

Used to be good but I got a tft off them over a year ago. Stupidly didnt pay for dead pixel check and ended up with a pre opened box ie one that they had checked before and put in the has faulty pixel pile ready to be sent out to anyone who wont part witht he estra cash for the check. I sent it back using distance selling rules and bought one of Ebuyer and it was perfect.

Must admit I've never had a problem with Aria, but i have the luxury of living in south Manchester - so I f i need a PC part, I just pop over and get it. It's when I need something when I visit the folks in Wolves and rthere isn't a similar shop nearby I realise how lucky I am

Some people I know have had bad experiences with micro direct, other aria. Unfortunately something invariably gets sacrificed in the pursuit of lowest cost (as opposed to value), I happy making/risking that sacrifice.

Depends if it said on there website it would be a UK version then they have to take it back. But if they didnt say its not there fault

It took me alot of phone calls to customer services and after five weeks I got a £80 refund back off of aria. I will never buy from them again

I thought I was the only one who experienced problems with aria to**as, but i stopped shopping with them ages ago and decided to spend money with the local dealer who is couple of quid dearer but is worth every penny coz the after sales service is miles better than cr*p aria.

I agree that Aria are awful. I had problems returning an item to them, and decided that it wasn't worth the hassle in the end. MicroDirect are far worse though from my experiences!

Back