iPad Are these worth the cost ipad 4?

sargie

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi all been looking at the ipad 4 which is basicaly the ipad 3 with an a6x chip instead of the a5x chip plus a few other differences that are not worth upgrading from an ipad 3 for but as a none owner i might aswell get the latest device.

The one thing i keep asking myself though is are they really worth the price tag? I know they are really well made, the screen is amazing and they do seem to hold their value too.

I would like to hear from owners that might have used other cheaper tabs or just owners that can give me some advice.Thank you in advance.

The 2 is pretty much the same as the 3. There all pretty much the same so it depends on how much you want to spend.
I know you can't get Siri on 2 where you can on 3 but if you are looking to jail break it anyway then that changes things as you'll be able to get more functionality out of it.

The 2 is pretty much the same as the 3. There all pretty much the same so it depends on how much you want to spend.
I know you can't get Siri on 2 where you can on 3 but if you are looking to jail break it anyway then that changes things as you'll be able to get more functionality out of it.

The one im looking at is the "Ipad with retina display" which is the same size and wieght as the ipad and has the same screen but it has the new a6x chip hd face time and lte. They are £399 in asda and my wife gets 10% discount so i can get it for about the same price as the "New ipad" Ipad 3.

Ive been looking on youtube and they say that the ipad 3 is a huge difference to the ipad 2 in terms of performance.

I think im going to get one i just don't want to regret it. :)

I am in the same predicament sargie. I am really tempted on a ipad4 but worried about the functionality having come from a android users.

My research continues.

Sent from my GT-I9100

If you love iOS then you only have one choice sadly. I've played with an iPad and nexus 10, both are great but the iPad feels much better made but it is much more expensive. Remember though, the a6x is a huge improvement over the iPad 3's chip, it monsters it if memory serves but is that worth the premium? I'd say if you have a 3 and it isn't getting sluggish or anything then maybe stick with it for the time being

We saved up and bought an ipad 4. I love it. Really glad we went the bit extra and got 64gb.

So nice for streaming video using Apple TV.

As a Windows aficionado I never thought I would buy an iPad, however I bought a secondhand iPad3 with a small crack in the top righthand corner for a third of the price.

Best tablet out there! It is a pleasure to use and I will contemplate buying a brand new one as soon as the next one comes out.

The other thing is that I hardly ever feel the need to use a computer now. Downloading, organising, backing up: other than that I use the ipad for everything else.

I look at my photos more because they look so great on the ipad.

The only thing is that I tend to hog it which isn't really fair on my wife but then she has a little iPod touch - she won that a while back in a competition run by The Irish Tourist Board - and she has her email and whatnot set up on that.

As well as streaming Video to the TV we also listen to our music via airplay through the TV which has pretty good sound.

Also very easy to connect to a sound system.

Back