Are there other frequencys other than 28.2e scanable using a static communual dish?

h4x0rm1k3

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all, As the topic says, are there any other satellite frequencies other than 28.2e that I can scan on my box which is connected to a static communal dish? Also, if it is possible is there a list somewhere of what channels to expect coming in from that satellite?

Thanks

Re: Are there other frequencys other than 28.2e scanable using a static communual dis

it depends on what is installed, they are not all the same. best to ask. most likely 13/19/28. I've seen an estate with 42e included.

Re: Are there other frequencys other than 28.2e scanable using a static communual dis

If you in the UK id expect you'll just have 28e.

Ask your landlord some do cater for the European community now in the UK.

It's Birmingham council that have installed the dish's but they used another company to do the actual install! I was told who it was that installed 'cos I had to have the back plate fitted due to the previous tenants not getting it done at the time it was installed. I might try and find out and ask the install company themselves 'cos i've looked at the 2 satellites that supply the block and one of the dish's are definitely pointing in slightly different directions. The one under the top one is pointing slightly more to the left looking at the front of them so it does seem that there may be another satellite available but it's knowing which one it is, one is definitely SLY UK though! Thanks for the replies though, it's appreciated.

Get a dish pointer app for your phone and see what it's facing :)

Have a look at which direction the majority of your neighbours sky dishes are pointing to determine if your top or bottom dish is pointing at 28.2E. If the dishes are different sizes it is likely the smaller dish is pointing at 28.2E as the foreign reception may require a bigger dish depending on which sat its pointed at. Once you have determined which is the 28.2E dish stand underneath it. Which way is the dish for 'foreign' reception pointed? Left is further southeast so possibly 33E>42.E reception. Likewise pointing right is southwest so 23.5E, 19E, 16E, 13E and all sats to 0.8W, 12.5W, 30W, etc. You could stand under the dish and use a compass to roughly work this out.

I'd guess both dishes are 0.8m dishes as thats what is usually fitted for irs of sky. The dish pointing furthest east will most likely be 28.2 unless say the flats have a high turkish population. The second one will likely be 19.2 or 13e, but I suppose it depends on the majority population in the flats. If both dishes are 0.8m then its not likely they will be focused on anything like thor, etc as generally dish sizes are larger on irs systems using quattro lnbs.

is there a list somewhere of what channels to expect coming in from that satellite?

look here for the favourite orbital locations......

Türksat 2A/3A at 42.0°E - LyngSat
Astra 3B at 23.5°E - LyngSat
Astra 1KR/1L/1M/2C at 19.2°E - LyngSat
Eutelsat Hot Bird 13B/13C/13D at 13.0°E - LyngSat
Eutelsat 9A & Ka-Sat 9A at 9.0°E - LyngSat
Eutelsat 7A at 7.0°E - LyngSat

odds are the second dish is pointing at eutelsat hotbird@13east as this slot has the most channels from different countries alot of them FTA. best thing to do is plug in your stb and select the diseqc switching to recieve the second dish and then do a scan to see what channels you scan in. regards mdt

Back