Apple

jamesyboyjim

Inactive User
Reaction score
No im not here moaning that the just announced iphone5 isnt good enough or something but about the app store in general, AS a few of you may know my iphone 4 recently died a death, not too big of a deal as I got it replaced by the half eaten fruit company but last night I attempted to purchase something with the 30 quid of credit I've had on my account for ages and it told me as it was the first time I'd tried buying anything on the device I had to answer my secret questions, well, i dont know the answers to my secret questions as you can only have generic easily guessed questions so I must have picked random answers, so my fault there really for not making a note so I have a search in how to reset said questions as I have access to my verified email address, home address, phone number, password basically everything apple have on record of me so I thought it wouldnt be too big of a deal but on the appleid.apple.com site the ability to change the question doesnt work, regardless of web browser so I try contacting their tech support only to be told that apple are reviewing the abilty to reset your questions so its not possible to do so, with no end seemingly in site, well that effectively renders the CRapp store on my phone pointless as I can no longer make purchases so anything will have to be downloaded onto the pc and synced across! Im pretty annoyed by this to say the least! Any ideas wouldnt go a miss? arghhh rant over lol

Last time I had this problem I went into 'edit my Apple ID' and at the bottom of where it asks for your security question answers there's a link to e-mail your reset details?

so, You're mad at Apple for you forgetting your password?

Those Ba$tards.

joke

so, You're mad at Apple for you forgetting your password?

Those Ba$tards.

joke

LOLOLOLOLROFLLMAOOOOO!!!

I'm not mad at them for me forgetting my questions, that's my fault, I'm annoyed that I'm unable to reset them, as my post clearly says. How many other companies operate as backward as this? A Normal company just send you an email you follow a link and off you go

Himher yes that's normally the case but they have apparently put a block on anyone resetting their info as they are reviewing the process apparently which is rather bad timing for me! Unless tech support are chatting out their arses!

Sent from my telephone.

Last edited:
LOLOLOLOLROFLLMAOOOOO!!!

I'm not mad at them for me forgetting my questions, that's my fault, I'm annoyed that I'm unable to reset them, as my post clearly says. How many other companies operate as backward as this? A Normal company just send you an email you follow a link and off you go

Himher yes that's normally the case but they have apparently put a block on anyone resetting their info as they are reviewing the process apparently which is rather bad timing for me! Unless tech support are chatting out their arses!

Sent from my telephone.

That's odd M8, because I've just tried it and it worked fine???

I went to appleid.apple.com, logged on then clicked on Password & Security which requested the security answers. I clicked on the link for a reset e-mail and followed the link I got mailed. When I logged on again and went to Password & Security I had an option to pick new questions and save the answers...

I went to appleid.apple.com, logged on then clicked on Password & Security which requested the security answers. I clicked on the link for a reset e-mail and followed the link I got mailed. When I logged on again and went to Password & Security I had an option to pick new questions and save the answers...

That's where we and a lot of other users differ, I don't have that link underneath it's a common problem as ive been on many threads on the apple discussion board I think it's to do with not having a recovery email address attached to the account but when I made my account many years ago all these options wasn't available so I've never set them up as there's never been a problem before I had to recently add the secret questions it's really retarded and something a big company like apple should have sorted, basically what the woman told me via email I now know was a load of bollocks I'm ****ing fuming with the whole thing! But yet apple say they have the best customer service because their staff say things like have a super duper day!

Sent from my telephone.

That's where we and a lot of other users differ, I don't have that link underneath it's a common problem as ive been on many threads on the apple discussion board I think it's to do with not having a recovery email address attached to the account but when I made my account many years ago all these options wasn't available so I've never set them up as there's never been a problem before I had to recently add the secret questions it's really retarded and something a big company like apple should have sorted, basically what the woman told me via email I now know was a load of bollocks I'm ****ing fuming with the whole thing! But yet apple say they have the best customer service because their staff say things like have a super duper day!

Sent from my telephone.

Maybe that's the question then?

"How to I add a reset e-mail address to my account"

Worth a try :)

Yes that's worth a try actually mate cheers! I'm sure the answer will be to answer my questions then add it though! Argh lol

Edit

Yup, in order to access anything security related after logging in you have to answer those damn questions >:-(

Sent from my telephone.

Last edited:
Back