apple tv help please

diesel

Member ++
Reaction score
hi there guys am trying to jailbreak my apple tv its on 4.4.4 and all it comes up with every time is this apple tv is not eligible with this version...what am i doing wrong please..many thnx in advance

the first season pass wont load up..dead link m8 plus commander does nothing page just stays white..

now that workrd m8 all was going swell now i get error off itunes saying 3194 ..

Did you save your shsh blobs m8? if not might be stuck till a fix comes out

Can I ask how you are doing the restore?

And just to be sure, your using 9A406A?

You would normally get a 3194 error because the apple servers will no longer sign the release.

1. First of all, exit iTunes.
2. After you have done that, you now have to locate your hosts file. You can find this file in C:\windows\system32\drivers\hosts.
3. Now, open the hosts file with Notepad. You need to have Administrator Privileges to edit this file so make sure you open Notepad with Administrator Privileges by right-clicking Notepad and select Run as Administrator.
4. At the bottom of the hosts file, one line below the last text, type in this; #74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com
5. Next, connect your device to your computer and launch iTunes.
6. Put your device into DFU Mode when it is connected to your computer. You do this by first turning off the device, then hold down the power and the sleep button for about 10 seconds. After 10 seconds, release the Power button but keep holding down the home button until iTunes says that your device is in the recover mode.
7. Now, you can use iTunes to restore the iOS on your Apple device as usual.
8. After you have updated your iOS, in the hosts file which you have edited earlier remove the #71.208.105.171 gs.apple.com line that you added. This is to allow iTunes to perform updates as usual.

You can also do this if you use Tiny Umbrella by changing the setting "Set hosts to cydia on exit"

Last edited:
looks like the new firmware wiped them out just a waiting game now for a new jailbrake

guess ill have to wait then no worries and thnx for trying..just 1 more thing shall i leave it as it is or shall i update it..

Jailbreak Apple TV 4.4.4 Untethered Using Seas0nPass [How-To Tutorial] can be found HERE

and how to Fix the error 3194 when jailbreakin

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:
i tried that first biffo didnt work mate anyway i gone and updated now so will have to wait for 5.0 jailbreak now thnx anyway m8

Back