Apple TV 2nd Generation Bargain

Mick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Apple TV 2 Generation Model, you can now sync with home share on Itunes!

Our most entertaining design yet

The sleek new Apple TV has been completely retuned for your entertainment. It's 80 per cent smaller than the previous generation - even with a built-in power supply. Which makes it perfect for sitting neatly on a widescreen TV stand or squeezing into a crowded media cabinet. Not only does the new Apple TV have an amazingly small footprint, it's also incredibly energy efficient. It stays cool without a fan, so it's never noisy. And when it's not filling your living room with drama, romance and comedy, it uses less power than a night light.

All streaming. No hassle

Everything you want to watch - films, TV programmes, photos and more - streams wirelessly to Apple TV. That way you don’t have to worry about managing storage or syncing to your iTunes library. HD film rentals play over the Internet to your widescreen TV, while music and photos stream from your computer. Either way, all you have to do is click and play. Since Apple TV features a powerful A4 processor, it streams everything effortlessly, without frozen screens or stutters. Video looks crisp and clear. And just like watching a DVD, you can fast-forward through opening credits, pause for a popcorn break or replay a hilarious scene until you memorise every line.

Get connected with Apple TV

Setting up Apple TV is about as simple as it gets. Just plug the power lead into the wall and connect Apple TV to your widescreen TV using an HDMI cable (sold separately). Since everything streams wirelessly to Apple TV, that’s all you need. Well, that and a comfy sofa.

Turn your TV into an HD photo album

With Apple TV, every megapixel of every photo looks amazing. Big, bold and in glorious HD: it's the treatment your digital life deserves. So instead of huddling around a computer screen, you and your friends can relive memories from a comfy spot in your living room. Or add some life to the party with a photo slideshow. Select an album, pick a slideshow theme and finish it off with a soundtrack featuring music from your iTunes library.

Your music. Your speakers. The perfect duet

You've got tons of music on your computer. But the best speakers in the house are part of your home cinema system. Apple TV connects them without missing a beat. Your iTunes music library streams directly to Apple TV. So you can sit back, choose a tune and enjoy the music.

Give your digital collection some airtime

Those films and TV programmes you bought on iTunes don't have to stay on your computer. For maximum entertainment, stream your digital collection over the air to your Apple TV. Just don’t forget to get the best place on the sofa.

Channel surf, tap and flick with the Remote app

Control Apple TV using your iPhone or iPod touch. Download the Remote app free from the App Store. And with a flick of your finger, you can rent new films and browse your media collection. Remote uses the same easy-to-use interface you already use to browse music and video on your Multi-Touch device. So straightaway, you know how to navigate. If you want to find something specific, use your device's QWERTY keyboard to quickly tap out the title instead of clicking letters on the Apple TV screen. Then keep tapping to play, fast-forward, rewind and pause to your finger's content.

If it's on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, it's on Apple TV**

You can already stream music and video from your computer to Apple TV. With AirPlay, you can stream music and video from your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch too. So if you feel like watching a film you have on one of your devices, you don't need to rent or buy it again. Just tap to start playing content on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, then tap again to instantly stream whatever you're watching - or listening to - directly to Apple TV. (**AirPlay is coming soon and will be available on all iOS 4 devices.)

Features:

- Processor: Apple A4 chip
- Video formats: H.264 video up to 720p, 30 frames per second, Main Profile level 3.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
- MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
- Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format
- Audio formats supported: HE-AAC (V1), AAC (16 to 320 Kbps), protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (16 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, and 4), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV; Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound pass-through
- Photo formats: JPEG, GIF, TIFF
- Ports and interfaces: HDMI, Optical audio, 10/100BASE-T Ethernet, Built-in IR receiver, Micro-USB (for service and support)
- TV compatibility: Compatible with high-definition TVs with HDMI and capable of 720p 60/50Hz,2 including popular models from these manufacturers: Hitachi, JVC, LG, Mitsubishi, NEC, Panasonic, Philips, Pioneer, Samsung, Sony, Sharp, Toshiba, Vizio, Westinghouse
- Size and weight: 23 mm x 98 mm x 98 mm

http://www.simplyelectronics.net/mainproduct.php?pid=13211&setcurrency=gbp

Last edited:
if you could attach a hdd or usb hdd to the apple tv for xbmc then i'd have owned one ages ago but seeing as all it can do is stream i may aswell carry on using the pc as its got to be switched on anyway :(

nice find though!

So get a cheap nas unit I got a store for around £50 added a couple 2tb drives and every thing is sent from that ;) no need for pc on...

So get a cheap nas unit I got a store for around £50 added a couple 2tb drives and every thing is sent from that ;) no need for pc on...

that aint a bad idea, didnt realise they could be got for so cheap, i'd need to add a big hdd though which is more £££ :(

What I have been really liking about apple is the way the machines (all apple products) operate, they are very stylish and have fantastic menu systems, and with home share the apple TV is very powerful in my opinion, ok it is not full HD with 1080, but I think the quality is not an issue.

I used to be quite anti apple lol.. fook knows why, Everything I have tested in the last 6 months has blown me away, and the ipad2 is awesome, well worth the money, and it just lasts for ages even playing games, unlike my htc which I do love by the way, but the battery on that is good if you do nothing.

For 80+ quid if you already use itunes or have a large collection, you wont be disappointed, I would just recommend that you have a good network connection, which we all have in this modern age lol!

Mick

MS2000-100UKS Netgear Home Media Network Storage is the unit on its own, it has a usb on the front which I think with latest firmware you can just plug an external in or go but a cheap hdd like Scan.co.uk: Western Digital 2TB EARS Caviar Green Hard Drive - HDD - WD20EARS or get a smaller one if you don't intend hoarding movies etc. then just plug it into your router and stream wirelessly to pc's laptops etc. I have my atv2 near it so have hard wired to router.

Mick mac's are good m8 shame they are so decking dear. I just gave my lad a 15" pro penryn as I managed to get a 17" one of a very kind friend of mine... I wish I had the money to go buy airport extreme etc but my excisitng router will have to do...

Yeah the airport extreme looks the business but at £130+ I will make do with my hacked wrt lol.

Regards
Mick

what kinda price are these going for now ? (apple tv2)

need a new toy to play with :)

shame there out of stock , as its a great price , Apple tv 2 `s have been going on ebay between 130 up wait for it 499.99 just because of what you can do with em xbmc,and all the other goodies

And there's me thinking they would be cheaper now the 3rd generation is out no lol

Sent from my iPhone

better of with a revo than an apple tv mate can pick up an acer revo for about 100 up with hdmi and gives lots more options

is there anywhere i can still buy an apple tv 2 anywhere ??

Ebay, but you'll pay a premium as they're in demand because they can be jailbroken unlike ATV 3.

Or keep an eye on Apple refurb store.

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk 2

Back