Aol drops out

CASTLE

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi i have aol silver through a router and works fine but the aol software keeps dropping out while the internet explorer works fine . I have also noticed messenger kepps logging in and out any suggestions

Castle

upgrade the firmware for the router especially if its a netgear as there has been 5 firmware upgrades for the DG834g i cured a customers dropout problems last week on his netgear i think the latest one is 3.1 you can get it from here if its the netgear DG834ghttp://kbserver.netgear.com/products/DG834Gv2.asp

also make sure you dont have the router positioned near a cordless phone and make sure any bluetooth devices are off as they work on the same 2.4 frequency but i think youll cure it with a firmware upgrade

msn 7.5 has been a problems for a lot of people logging in and dropping out do you still have 7.0? if so try that if you cant get your firmware

it could possibly be something to to do with the MTU setting (i think for aol it should be 1400)

AOL Router Settings Are
VPI 0
VCI 38
MTU 1400

and you will need gold or platinum service to use a router and the aol software as they recognise more than one log on I.E router = 1 logon Software = 2 logons although i have managed to get one setup working whereby this doesnt apply and the customer was on silver strange but i dont know why it worked the brand of router was newlink whereby i normally use netgear

Back