Anything new on the horizon?

kegnkiwi

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Its all gone a little quiet on this little box at the moment. Any of the guys in the know know if there is anything due out shortly to keep us interested:Wave:

on the server that hosts the updates theres new sections for what looks like 2 new receivers. andy from ViX has confirmed that they are working on an image for the twin, theres lots of random beta images appearing, and dissapearing just as quickly.

on the 'public' side of things, its pretty dead, but on the beta side of it, theres sometimes a dozen images a week

It's just a shame that after, what, 213 builds (at the time of writing) it's not really any better :(

The "change it, what did that break, change it back again and change something else" approach takes far too long, breaks things that go un-noticed and leaves the image getting progressively less reliable in places.

Fair play for the effort, I've spent ages just trying to get a skin working but I've given up for the time being as there's only so much time I can waste getting nowhere with no help from TM or the community [not a dig there, just not many active users working on it].

TM must've had a bet to see if they could repeat (and pull off) the same scam that was the TM800.
I'd say they've managed that and are now concentrating on new boxes to further rape the satellite community.

I've got an idea for a toaster that doesn't have any heating elements (or a mains plug) that I plan to sell on eBay.
When people complain, I'll just send them some matches to retain a good c/s response..

Then I'll launch my new line in mobile phones, although I will have to stock up on wet string when people notice it doesn't makes calls...

Either way, should make plenty of money at everyone else's expense..

Am I right in reading then that the TM800 and now seems the Twin have both failed and unlikely to be finished (if the TM800 is anything to go by) and now they are on the verge of releasing more receivers to the market ?

talk about cash in lol

on the server that hosts the updates theres new sections for what looks like 2 new receivers.

It's just a shame that after, what, 213 builds (at the time of writing) it's not really any better :(

The "change it, what did that break, change it back again and change something else" approach takes far too long, breaks things that go un-noticed and leaves the image getting progressively less reliable in places.

TM must've had a bet to see if they could repeat (and pull off) the same scam that was the TM800.
I'd say they've managed that and are now concentrating on new boxes to further rape the satellite community.

Am I right in reading then that the TM800 and now seems the Twin have both failed and unlikely to be finished (if the TM800 is anything to go by) and now they are on the verge of releasing more receivers to the market ?

talk about cash in lol
It's hard to believe isn't it, but you don't have to look hard to find a precedent as that's exactly what they did with the TM800 of course.

The killer line was, "we'll fix the TM800 when we finish the Twin", but as the Twin will never work as advertised it'll never actually be finished and therefore neither will the TM800.

I'd like to think that some time in the future some clever chap will get them both going as we can argue that, from a build quality point of view, they are very good (even with the chipset oversight in the TM800) but it will NOT be TM and you can bank on that.

Imagine being the board/box designer and seeing your work destroyed by stubborn execs and clueless programmers...I hope the pay was good.

It's hard to believe isn't it,

:( not really mate :( I dont keep up with TM antics much anymore tbh as its saddens me members are still buying there toot

but the more people that speak the TRUTH with there TM experiences maybe members wont get caught in the TM web

If I were to write the tag line to a review, it would have to be:

"it's not as bad as the TM800"

But..............

;)

youve obviously not tried the 2011-12-30 image then, or any of the other 'early' images :proud:

Fair play for the effort, I've spent ages just trying to get a skin working but I've given up for the time being as there's only so much time I can waste getting nowhere with no help from TM or the community [not a dig there, just not many active users working on it].

this is the best bit about the linux stuff, anybody is free to chop n change anything they want. i tried editing a skin for about 9 months, and gave up in the end.

So does anyone know how to install mgcamd into picasso, skys latest beta :D

If we could port that over and reskin it the world of linux boxes would change overnight ;)

i worked for months on end to try and make a skin that looked like slys, before giving up

but

slys HD receiver is the exact same broadcom chip that the duo and twin uses, its also linux based, and i did have a link somewhere for their sources, as they are also bound by the linux GPL

jtag layouts are available, on the drx-890 the jtag points are disguised as unused electrolytic capacitor pads

all the tools are there, it just needs someone with the skills, and the time, load of time, to do it, lol

This issue of poor support was there even before the TM800...I still havent seen the UR/IQ promised fixes for TM500/600 issues with CCCam server, and glitching on newer versions on CCCam 2.14 above...TM solution was to use CCCam 2.1.3 or use a different cam... SO bascially every Linux reciever ever produced under the TM badge has had crap support and incomplete software..with no sign of fixes,...
We can see a pattern emerging here...produce a half baked product, drop it and release new products without resolving the issues with the existing products... This like i've said lots of times before is not necceasrily TM's fault..it's their choice of a rubbish trading/production partner... DAGS/ITGate and the associated script kiddy development team UR/IQ/Teletubbies etc..

I disagree mate, they have a choice, they choose to use and defend there team and ignore the people that cry and offer help who buy there receivers

its the people that spend hundreds of pounds I feel sorry for

like i've said lots of times before is not necceasrily TM's fault..it's their choice of a rubbish trading/production partner... DAGS/ITGate and the associated script kiddy development team UR/IQ/Teletubbies etc..

TM are working very hard on bringing the Twin up to spec and have rewritten various drivers based on the findings of the Vix beta team, the Vix image is close :excited:

is that what they are telling you :) mate take what they say with a pinch of salt
they have been known to tell teeny weeny fibs in the past ;)
will take you a while but if you are bored look up posts from Dr Linux/Sat Racer ;) makes good reading

TM are working very hard on bringing the Twin up to spec and have rewritten various drivers based on the findings of the Vix beta team, the Vix image is close :excited:

Would you like to try it...?

It doesn't work and perfoms just as badly as the 4D as far as I'm concerned. The drivers are still bad and I'm beginning to think stevie wonder is testing it.
I'd say it's about 1000 years away from being finished to the point you could say the Twin is a) stable and b) works as advertised.

Don't get me wrong, as has been pointed out in other posts, I'm not saying it hasn't improved beyond the early versions but it's miles off being anywhere near what you and I would consider reliable and finished.

This is based on actual testing btw, not some fairy tale from someone with an ulterior motive..

Would you like to try it...?

It doesn't work and perfoms just as badly as the 4D as far as I'm concerned. The drivers are still bad and I'm beginning to think stevie wonder is testing it.
I'd say it's about 1000 years away from being finished to the point you could say the Twin is a) stable and b) works as advertised.

Don't get me wrong, as has been pointed out in other posts, I'm not saying it hasn't improved beyond the early versions but it's miles off being anywhere near what you and I would consider reliable and finished.

This is based on actual testing btw, not some fairy tale from someone with an ulterior motive..

this is because no matter what image you use, it still uses the same drivers

new drivers have been released daily for the last few days, and only proper feedback about HOW the drivers are working (or not) will see them sorted out

when not in enigma2 mode, the twin functions EXACTLY as specified, and everything works, but people like us like the customisability (is that a real word? lol) that enigma offers

in enigma mode, it doesnt matter if youre using an image created by 4D, me, DW, ViX, iQ, ET, or one divineley created by god himself, the drivers for the hardware need to be written to interact with enigma etc, which itself is constantly changing

all of the equipment ive owned in the past that i havent been happy with, ive quietly sold on within a few weeks, and thats been the end of it, ive recently paid £180 for a new receiver that ill receive on tuesday, im looking forward to getting it, and am going to rip it to pieces like i do with everything i own

i already know that support is VERY poor, close to non existant, but, i may be able to change that

if within a month of me owning it i dont get any 'results' then somebody somewhere will get it for what i paid for it, and have one hell of a bargain, but, make no mistakes, if it doesnt perform to how I want it to, then it WILL be for sale, and that will be the end of the story, but if it does do what i want it to, then things like rats updater, and the DW forum reader plugin, will get a massive new audience, and it may give me the kick that im looking for to get back into creating plugins etc, and read about the things a receiver CAN do instead of reading about all of the things that it cant

Well my drivers are dated 17/07/12 and I've not seen much over the last few days tbh..

What are the latest set then?

& in non enigma mode, the RGB is still wrong :D

theres 2 packages labeled the 19th, one the 20th, and the 17th that youre on, 4 sets over 4 days, and id imagine the next ones will be the 23rd, this is the writeup for the drivers after your ones

For 2012-07-19

1. Video resolution infobar bug fixed
2. 4:3 16:9 bug fixed
3. Panscan & letterbox mode bug fixed
4. Scambled channel recording problem fixed

Both highlighted in red worked perfectly when I was given the twin October 2011 Id say within 2 beta images so say early November these features stopped working, after me telling the relevant person of this bug (who clearly didnt understand or didnt care) I was told it was fine and it worked perfectly for them lol (ring any bells?)
For 2012-07-19

1. Video resolution infobar bug fixed
2. 4:3 16:9 bug fixed
3. Panscan & letterbox mode bug fixed
4. Scambled channel recording problem fixed

I see there is another twin tuner in the pipeline? TM-2T_REL, TM-2T, and it seems a TM Single OE

will the Twin be on that dusty shelve with the 500, 600, 800 ;)

Im amazed that people can still defend box after box

Back