Anyone using a WiFi USB adapter

earwig999

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
in their PC to connect the Wii to the internet?

I have my home network set-up really well, however it's wired. I have my Apple Mac, Xbox, eMac and Xbox 360 all currently running through ethernet in a switch. I have a bluetooth adapter in the Mac downstairs and that works well, do you think a WiFi USB adapter would do the job or would I need to get a wireless set-up?

Using my Linksys wireless router which is upstairs in my room and the Wii is downstairs in living room. Works very well. You could always get a wireless access point to connect to your exsisting wired network.

Using my Linksys wireless router which is upstairs in my room and the Wii is downstairs in living room. Works very well. You could always get a wireless access point to connect to your exsisting wired network.

Whats one of them, I also looked at the USB dongle but they don't look Mac compatible?

A wireless access point is something you can connect to your wired router or switch using a ethernet cable, then that acts as your wireless connection.

WiFi USB adapter would do the job i'm using belkin usb adaptor to connect my wii and apple ibook to my wireless router

WiFi USB adapter would do the job i'm using belkin usb adaptor to connect my wii and apple ibook to my wireless router

Would I just plug the USB WiFi adapter into my Mac and the Mac into the wired switch as normal?

Back