Anyone used one of these?

Yea i read about these issues before i bought it but i dont have a need for ac3 through hdmi but can see why that would put people off, the remote is an easy fix and from the posts i read it seemed that the new firmware fixed it crashing on HD for everyone except 1 irish guy :) and they seem to be puting out updates regularly so with that in mind i got it, but im not bothered if it's crap i will give it to someone else to use on sd if it is.

Im that irish guy:Biggrin2: Another lad has reported hes having the same problem as me.

haha i thought you might be, hopefully i get a good un, have you got the latest firmware from the 28th of may on it and where did you get yours from?

Got the box today
First impressions.
Build wise it's fine, about the same as my clode dm 500s, all you get is the box and the remote, not even batteries or a manual, it wasn't so well packed and the front took a knock in the post and the card door hinge is broken, i'm sure they will send a replacement though.
quick and easy to setup with my dish, the osd is a little clunky looking but works fine.
Channel scanning is fast, the channel listing is pretty crap, maybe it wil get getter the more i use it.
Picture quality is good, working fine on bbc hd and itv hd, will try sky in a bit.

Got the box today
First impressions.
Build wise it's fine, about the same as my clode dm 500s, all you get is the box and the remote, not even batteries or a manual, it wasn't so well packed and the front took a knock in the post and the card door hinge is broken, i'm sure they will send a replacement though.
quick and easy to setup with my dish, the osd is a little clunky looking but works fine.
Channel scanning is fast, the channel listing is pretty crap, maybe it wil get getter the more i use it.
Picture quality is good, working fine on bbc hd and itv hd, will try sky in a bit.

Thanks for your feedback, keep us posted on how it goes with sly & CCcam please.

Thanks

New firmware out today lads, Im testing at the moment. Cccam works fine with my sly uk share, its just the hd channels on my sly share that were making the box crash. Itv and BBC hd were never a problem. There is also ment to be a fix for the ac3 problem . At an extra cost the box will decode ac3 through hdmi ,so there will be no need for an external amp. I got all this from a different site so im just passing it on gents.:Fish:

Yea just put that on it now, with a bad cline it crashed quick, had it crash today on HD premier 2 times but it's been fine since but it's a much better share i have now, lets see how this new FW goes tho, the HDMi fix will be good with a proper epg and channel list this would be a great little box.

Well lads I left the box on sly sports 1 hd all night and no crashing whatsoever:banana:. So with the supposed ac3 fix on the way I have to say this box is working out pretty good for maybe a second box, especially at the price.

had it on premier all day since 10, not crashed, i did notice the voice went out of synch on it this morning but after moving channels and leaving it all day it's fine now, haven't been watching it tho so maybe it happens in films after a bit, will see.
You can get this as another clone from alibaba for $80/90 so even chaper than £125 delivered.

had it on premier all day since 10, not crashed, i did notice the voice went out of synch on it this morning but after moving channels and leaving it all day it's fine now, haven't been watching it tho so maybe it happens in films after a bit, will see.
You can get this as another clone from alibaba for $80/90 so even chaper than £125 delivered.

I noticed the sync thing last night. Seemed to correct itself after while

Got a link to the one on alibaba?

ah no i dont, i read about it on satguys some american dude put the model name up and said he got one, i should have noted it down cos the thread is 115 pages

Got a reply from the seller of the above box, $125 delivered to your door, works out under £90

got a new firmware and AC3 is now working on all channels

Did you email your supplier like that other site says or how did you get new firmware?

I did email my supplier (crown-sat) yes, they sent me the firmware, i sent my info like the post said but i got it back quite quick, dont know if it really is built just for each box, your welcome to try it if your game :)

Thats what i was thinking man, seems a bit hmmm you got it back so quick. Will you send it by pm, cheers
If i load this new firmware i suppose i will lose my channel list? I know i can dump the list to usb but the new firmware would wipe my channel list wouldnt it?

Sent u a pm
You can back up the channel list, misc files>tp_prog then upgrade from usb again misc files after you have upgraded the firmware and they will be as saved but the names of the favs change back to fav1 fav2 etc

Back