Fancy one of these

Goldberg

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Howdy,

Really like the look of the VU+ Duo2

Seem pricey, but then again I paid £400 for a Sky HD box when they first came out! I couldn't even use it properly in the Flat I had at the time as we only had one feed coming in from a communal dish!

Anyhow, what are the street prices for these, I know eBay have them for about £430 but what prices are available from other retailers (for the legit ones).

Also I understand at home you can stream live to your iPad etc... Can this be done remotely too? Is it just a case of telling your router to send in/out via various ports?

Thanks,
Goldy

Howdy,

Really like the look of the VU+ Duo2

Seem pricey, but then again I paid £400 for a Sky HD box when they first came out! I couldn't even use it properly in the Flat I had at the time as we only had one feed coming in from a communal dish!

Anyhow, what are the street prices for these, I know eBay have them for about £430 but what prices are available from other retailers (for the legit ones).

Also I understand at home you can stream live to your iPad etc... Can this be done remotely too? Is it just a case of telling your router to send in/out via various ports?

Thanks,
Goldy

Hi mate i had a duo2 for while.It is a fantastic box but for me did nothing a solo2 dos,nt apart from the lcd display which is not really worth the outlay and the VFD display is right tatty and it has more flash that i doubt you would ever use....Save some money and get a solo2 same speed much smaller box as the duo2 is quite big compared.

As with AJT the displays let it down big time, the spec is great internal wifi 2 tuner slots more ram.

If I didn't need the extra tuner slot id think the solo2 was more than enough. Both these model make the old VU range Solo,Duo, Uno etc look geriatric

i won a Vu+ Duo2 on a forums 'lottery bonus ball draw' and got shot for its full value the same night. for 'watching' TV, any receiver really will do the job, it depends on what 'extras' you want, and how much youre prepared to pay for them that matters when picking a receiver now

i won a Vu+ Duo2 on a forums 'lottery bonus ball draw' and got shot for its full value the same night. for 'watching' TV, any receiver really will do the job, it depends on what 'extras' you want, and how much youre prepared to pay for them that matters when picking a receiver now

Yep for me its mainly about reliability and strength of the processor,The duo2 and solo2 share the same one 1300 dual core this enables super fast zapping and boot times and basically quick at all operations.I have other boxes that deliver the goods but just alot slower at everything.
Thats the one thing thats so great about the duo2 and the solo2 is the speed of it all and the ability to do almost everything needed for a great viewing experience.

Back