anyone tried the Rytec XMLTV and EPG

guessing he's using the ported PLi image ?

Edit:
i looked at it briefly a while ago but couldn't find an easy way for the UR image

you can find most of the files for it on "rytec's" site
http://www.rytec.be/

p.s
if you just want EPG for uk channels have you looked at the cfg i've done for weekepg, link in my sig.

Last edited:
Yes the XMLTV stuff works great, I love it, much better than weekEPG and CrossEPG imo

I have it working well on a Dm600 ,I wasnt aware it would run on the TM600,would be great if it does as its a great epg.

Anyone have this working on a Tm600 ?
Planning on buying one if it works but would like to know beforehand .

Bump

Have this working on my DM500 and its the mutts nuts imho,
would really like to get this running on a TM,tried manual installing of the Rytec packages but they don't show up in plugins,also needs SQLite plugin I would imagine but cant find it anywhere.

I've just got a DM600 and installed OpenPli, and B16MCC Sky UK bouquets, for some reason I cant get the Ryrec XMLTV plugin working...must be doing something wrong..

I got it working on my DM500 by following the thread below plus the instructions I have pasted,plus a bit of common sense and tinkering lol

PLi® Images website - Threads: I can't get rytec EPG

How to install and configure xmltv-import on Enigma2 Pli-images :

When you have installed OpenPli on your box, you can go to Applications, press the green button. Then you'll see a menu, go to extensions and look for xmltv-importer.
Press OK to start the installation. Return to the applications list and you will notice the new "EPGImport" entry.

Now go into this program, and press the blue button to go to the sources. Here you can select which EPG data you like to download, by highlighting your selection and pressing OK, which will put a checkmark in front of each active source.
Press the green button to save this selection. Now we are back into the first menu where we can change the time when the plugin should start. Do not set this time before 04:00am because I create the EPG data just before 04:00am.
If your box is in deep-standby you could wake it up to start the automatic download. The plugin will not put the system back into sleep state though.
You can set the amount of days for full descriptions, which is helpful if you have selected a lot of epg sources and your box has limited memory (like the dm7025). If you se the number of days to 2, the epg data is loaded for 2 days with descriptions and 5 days without full descriptions.

Remember to save this config by pressing the green button, which returns you to the applications menu.
If you can't wait untill the automatic import, which I can imagine, you can go into the EPGImport panel and press the yellow button for a manual download, you will be asked if you agree by pressing OK. While the import is running, you can follow the amount of events it is processing. Otherwise, it will display the date/time and number of events of the last import.
The import runs in background, so you don't have to wait until it is finished. You can close the panel at any time, and return if you want to track its progress. You will even see events appear into the EPG views while the data is being imported, and you can query the EPG even before the import is completely done.

Yes m8 I like using the most upto date images and seeing if they offer anything new.

Just checked what plugin I have installed:

XMLTV-EPGImport Rytec (latest)
SQLite EPG import plugin (1.2)

this will then give you your options for setting up your epg and also there are some EPG settings to be configured in the main setup menu-system settings

You will eventually end up with this on all your channels up to 8 days if you wish

osdshot.png
thats the now and next screen but it does also show EPG for the next 8 days.

You will eventually end up with this on all your channels up to 8 days if you wish

Have you 8 days epg on your 500s ?
I had to limitthe epg on my 500s to 2 days as anymore and the database file became too large and slowed the box down too much.
A database >4Mb was problematic so I switched to a DM600 which has more Ram.

Have you 8 days epg on your 500s ?
I had to limitthe epg on my 500s to 2 days as anymore and the database file became too large and slowed the box down too much.
A database >4Mb was problematic so I switched to a DM600 which has more Ram.

Tbh I haven't tried 8 days but I do have it running fine with 4 days of EPG on 140 channels,
but I dont even use that much epg as I really just wanted it for the solid now and next as you scroll thru the channel list :)

I think I might have a compatibility issue between the bouquets im using for SKY UK and the Rytec plugin..

- or maybe even an issue with channel mappings, I will have a play again with it tonight, do a factory reset on OpenPli image and reinstall the SQLite and Rytec plugin.

There shouldn't be a compatibility problem as you map the channels you want epg for,not the bouquets.

That might be my problem, I assumed the channels get auto mapped, I havent manually mapped any channels ...

Back