anyone tried the Rytec XMLTV and EPG

Also in System settings-EPG,make sure the epg data store is set as SQLite database.

Checked that SQLite is set as database store already.

I think it maybe something to do with channel mapping or i've seen on some forums, that the permissions on some of the the files dont get set correctly to 755 or above when the plugin is installed and have to be manually changed.

- I'll have a play when I get home tonight, not a lot of good having a PVR box if you havent got a decent EPG to plan recordings !

Have you 8 days epg on your 500s ?

A database >4Mb was problematic so I switched to a DM600 which has more Ram.

Now running an 8 day EPG,database is 11mb and so far its smooth ;)

Bear in mind this is on a mounted folder :)

sorry to be a bit of a noob, with this EPG installed can you record stuff in the future from the EPG. i.e. make it a bit like a sly plus box?? any info would be appreciated

sorry to be a bit of a noob, with this EPG installed can you record stuff in the future from the EPG. i.e. make it a bit like a sly plus box?? any info would be appreciated

If you have a hard drive to record to

If you have a hard drive to record to

i most certainly do :) a little seagate 320gb elements. its the one thing that annoys the hell out of the wife not being about to use it like a sly+ box, anything to keep her quiet :proud: Can you also do multiple records with this?? i.e set it to record say 10 things in the week?? thanks for any info

Last edited:
You will need to use week epg on the tm600. On the tm800HD it runs on enigma 2 so there should be a rytec plugin available I would think or something similar

Now running an 8 day EPG,database is 11mb and so far its smooth ;)

Bear in mind this is on a mounted folder :)

Thats very interesting.
Anytime my epg went over 5Mb it locked up.
I was using a mounted folder too.
In the end I gave up and got a Dm600 .

i most certainly do :) a little seagate 320gb elements. its the one thing that annoys the hell out of the wife not being about to use it like a sly+ box, anything to keep her quiet :proud: Can you also do multiple records with this?? i.e set it to record say 10 things in the week?? thanks for any info

TM600 + WeekEPG you can set as many recording as you want aslong as they don't overlap, you can also set "repeating" timers

e.g
every monday at 9pm record BBC1 until 10pm

Back