Sensible Topic Anyone recommend a decent Dashboard Camera ?

bilabonic

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi All

I have searched on here for any links for a decent Car Dashboard Camera, but there is nothing in Car/Car Satnav sections....

Anyone recommend a decent one and appropriate MicroSD card.

Cheers.

I have 2 of these front and back the capacitor version so no battery to replace;-

Techmoan - Techmoan - G1W - The cheapest Dash-Cam that’s worth buying.

Plug in and forget as the record over previous footage after about 5 hours of filming. Because it's the capacitor version you can't take it out and take pictures but we all have a phone for that. Their a little old hat as there's newer models on the market but they are still v.g.

I use a 32gb card in them and the footage day and night is bang on. I have mine plugged into the cig lighter for the front then tucked the cable in around the plastic then for the rear, I'm lucky as I have a 12volt socket in the boot so both come on and off with the ignition. You can pick up a 32gb card for about £12 and a camera for £33 for £45 aint bad.
TIP
Get a rear one in as well, mine sticks to the rear window and you will be surprised how many bumper huggers ease off when they notice the camera, works a treat on tailgaters and let's face it, if your gonna get done there's a good chance it will be by someone ramming into the back of you.
Only thing is , the clip thats attaches to the suction pad is flimsy so when you disconnect say to put away under the seats unstick the suction and pull the cable out.
I've had mine 3 years and bar one power connector going (£3 to replace) I'm happy as I never have to worry if there on or off as there's a small tiny flashing red light telling me their on.

I have 2 of these front and back the capacitor version so no battery to replace;-

Techmoan - Techmoan - G1W - The cheapest Dash-Cam that’s worth buying.

Plug in and forget as the record over previous footage after about 5 hours of filming. Because it's the capacitor version you can't take it out and take pictures but we all have a phone for that. The advantage of this is, you don't have rechargeable batteries to replace every 12 months.Their a little old hat as there's newer models on the market but they are still v.g. They might be a tab bulky but at the time I bought them they were about the best around at that price.

I use a 32gb card in them and the footage day and night is bang on. I have mine plugged into the cig lighter for the front then tucked the cable in around the plastic then for the rear, I'm lucky as I have a 12volt socket in the boot so both come on and off with the ignition. You can pick up a 32gb card for about £12 and a camera for £33 for £45 aint bad.
TIP
Get a rear one in as well, mine sticks to the rear window and you will be surprised how many bumper huggers ease off when they notice the camera, works a treat on tailgaters and let's face it, if your gonna get done there's a good chance it will be by someone ramming into the back of you.
Only thing is , the clip thats attaches to the suction pad is flimsy so when you disconnect say to put away under the seats unstick the suction and pull the cable out.
I've had mine 3 years and bar one power connector going (£3 to replace) I'm happy as I never have to worry if there on or off as there's a small tiny flashing red light telling me their on.

Back