Anyone have a working XP Pro vlk?

richyrich

Inactive User
Reaction score
Microsoft seem to have blacklisted a load of vlk's. Could someone kindly PM me a working one if they have it. Thanks.

ive downloaded loads of copies only to find they are black listed the only one that seems ok is xp pro darklite edition if this is of any help.

regards will

I have had a hooky version for well over a year and it updates regular as clock work, trick is when you get your update notice (auto update dont manual update) select custom install and untick WGA tool ;)

I have had a hooky version for well over a year and it updates regular as clock work, trick is when you get your update notice (auto update dont manual update) select custom install and untick WGA tool ;)

how do you do this m8 im a little lost

Ok install your hooky version then select to auto download updates but you choice when to install them, when it auto downloads updates you will get a prompt saying they are ready to install.

Click to install and you get the option to install all or custom install, pick custom install and scroll down the list to see if they have put windows geniune thingy in there, if it is just untick it and you can install ALL updates with no worries about the pesky WGA bubble ;)

Mine just updated today again fine and dandy :)

Ok install your hooky version then select to auto download updates but you choice when to install them, when it auto downloads updates you will get a prompt saying they are ready to install.

Click to install and you get the option to install all or custom install, pick custom install and scroll down the list to see if they have put windows geniune thingy in there, if it is just untick it and you can install ALL updates with no worries about the pesky WGA bubble ;)

Mine just updated today again fine and dandy :)
that wouldnt work because i never had my internet connected when i installed the copies once installed i disabled automatic updates and was still found out.

The way i used to get rid of the annoying hag is to search for the file legitcheckcontrol.dll in the Window/system32 folder and click properties, it would then tell you the wga version so id just google this along with the famous 'fix' words ;) lol. Only thing is if you updated by accident youd have to bear with it for a few days untill someone 'fixed' it.

Thanks for all your help guys.

@will65mcmanus. if you download a free app called "jelly bean keyfinder" it will give you the key they are using on xp pro darklite edition. Then you can share it with the rest of us via P.M. if you don't mind.

Then if you follow these instructions, kindly given by microsoft, you can change the key on any comp running corp xp pro.

How to change the Volume Licensing product key on a computer that is running Windows XP Service Pack 1 and later versions of Windows XP

Deactivate Windows

1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
3. In the navigation pane, locate and then click the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\Current Version\WPAEvents
4. In the topic pane, right-click OOBETimer, and then click Modify.
5. Change at least one digit of this value to deactivate Windows.

Reactivate Windows and add new product key

1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type the following command, and then click OK.
%systemroot%\system32\oobe\msoobe.exe /a
3. Click Yes, I want to telephone a customer service representative to activate Windows, and then click Next.
4. Click Change Product key.
5. Type the new product key in the New key boxes, and then click Update.

If you are returned to the previous window, click Remind me later.

This will only work on corp xp pro's mind as you can see in the link. WGA will vanish if it is a working key.

Last edited:
ok m8 ive sent you a p.m with the darklite key hope this works for you.
this key you didnt put it in during installations it was already done for you.

regards will

Nice one Will mate.

yeah, Compilers of darklite and others embed the key so keyfinder is needed to retrieve it but with the above method you can change the key on any version of corp XP Pro with out having to reinstall.

This key seems to work mate. Thanks!

Edit: I've heard that microsoft only have a purge and blacklist vlk's every 2 to 3 years so if you have a working key now you should be fine for a few years or a couple of years at worst.

Last edited:
glad to have helped m8 also thanks for info on how to change key and the util keyfinder very handy.

No probs mate. One good turn and all that. Rep added to all that PM'd and helped.
Cheers lads.

I don't suppose someone could kindly PM the key to me aswell :)

Please.

check your pm m8

Thanks mate. :)

Now I'm confused.

This is the same key I had been using for years, then sometime in February I failed a WGA check and I've not been able to get past it since.

Nomatter what method I use, I cannot trick the WGA checks as it says my VLK is 'Blocked' - same key as the one you PM'ed me.

:err:

same for me m8 ive been hit on a copy of vista but three other friends are all fine

Thanks mate. :)

Now I'm confused.

This is the same key I had been using for years, then sometime in February I failed a WGA check and I've not been able to get past it since.

Nomatter what method I use, I cannot trick the WGA checks as it says my VLK is 'Blocked' - same key as the one you PM'ed me.

:err:

I would bet I am using the same key but since it started last week I just do exactly the same as Dutcho posted, when it goes to update let it but untick the WGA box.

If you have wga already in your system then use the wga crack to get rid of it.

I managed to get WGA Hack 1.9.9.1 to work by copying the files manually into /system32/ and it is now working.

The auto-install packages weren't working for me.

Back