Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone got a condensing dryer ? Any good ??

lol i have a clothes horse in my utility room, put anything i dont want to put in tumble drier on that if it's raining. :)

I once fell into a tumble drier. I came out looking like this...

images

I bought a hotpoint one a few years back. was only about 200 quid and it hasn't been a problem *touch wood* but u do have to empty the water and fluff catcher everytime u want to use it its food to give it a clean out here and there aswell there will be a section that comes out and will be full of shite lol

but as others have said it does make the utility cupboard it sits in quite hot and damp so make sure there's plenty of ventilation for it. even if it just means leaving the room its in door open :)

even though i have a condenser drier i use a jml dry buddy lol now that i have taken down my clothes line in the kitchen and got a kitchen refit.

Dri Buddy

Just a bit of information for future reference as I am aware that O.P has now got one.

The perfect place for a condensing dryer is not in a cupboard under the stairs.

Condensing works on the principal of heating something up and then subjecting it to colder air, which then removes moisture.
That will remove the water from the washing by changing it to steam, and then the cold air changes it back to water and collects it in a vessel, some machines will then pump it out when a certain level is reached, others you have to remove yourself.

If you do not have plenty of ventilation the steam stays in the machine and keeps the washing wet, therefore it takes a lot longer and is more expensive to run.

What a service with Sainsburys, ordered yesterday online and 20 mins later had ring off them asking when i wanted delivery. Told them today between 8am-12.

8am this morn it was delivered, asked for them to unpack and put in my utility room. Signed for it etc, then noticed dent in it !!!

Just caught driver before he drove off and showed him, he asked do you want a replacement or money off. Asked for money off so he rang someone while i tested it. Could not get it to start ????

Powered up etc, even put clothes in it but nothing happened when pressing start ??

They put it back on van and 20 mins later had another call when do i want delivery, so coming again tomorrow. Would of been happy with money off as its not seen...

Could not get it to start ????

Powered up etc, even put clothes in it but nothing happened when pressing start ??

lol, mate that is a bad omen.

My Beko (same model as yours) has broken down 3 times in under a year, are you sure you stil want to go ahead with the sale?

in irl we can buy extended warranty for most things,all my new kitchen toys have a 5 year warranty except my new frying pan that got a 2 year one lol.

who else has bought a warranty on their stuff.:proud:

Thanks to advice from JTH got condensing tumble dryer a few weeks ago,awesome kit wife loves it,should have got one years ago !!

Had a BEKO one from Comet for the last six months, only downside is the water collection is at the bottom (not a huge problem tbh) Can definitely say worth getting one having replaced two "normal" white knight dryers in the 1.5 years.

Back