Anyone got a condensing dryer ? Any good ??

bilabonic

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi

looking at getting one of these as can not be bothered to run an exit pipe. Are they any good ? What brands are good ?? Not Miele or over the top...lol

Cheers

ive had one for the last 15 years no bother what so ever make creda

yes mate we have give it some stick every day since we have had it , u do still get some heat , we had a small space so was ideal, and rhey are more expensive , but for us well worth it imo

I got the wench one last year and it's in the cupboard under the stairs,which Is ideal , generally bit dearer to buy but cheaper to run , but as Brian said u still get a bit of heat off it but leave door open and ur sorted.
I'm sure it's a hotpoint one.

yeah we have 1 and use it almost everyday,its perfect,no condensation so it can be put almost anywhere...we had a normal dryer and a lil box to prevent condensation but it was crap,didn't work and left our plaster damp

I have a Hotpoint Aquarius one, it dries the clothes fine but definitely there is a bit of steam in the utility room if i leave the doors closed. Not a lot, it wouldn't be like the bathroom after having a shower for example, but a small amount.

You have to empty the water container every now and then, but other than that it's no hassle.

The one ive got is magic mate.Just clean the fluff filter after a few drys and empty the draw that collects the water.The last one we had the draw was at the bottom,which was a bit arkward so look for a top water draw.Just a bit of a tip too is we put a couple of the drying balls in(you can get em off ebay or supermarket) it cuts the drying time down by a quarter.

Another tip, if you can get one with sensor drying. It takes the guess work out of drying clothes and saves energy by not over drying stuff.

I got a large drum but cheapo Samsung one, it has been superb.

I picked this one because it allows you to plumb it in so that the extracted water drains away so u dont have to empty the tray, some don't you see.

we have had a Zanussi TC 7114W for more than 5 years. its never missed a beat, though getting truly battered (on every day for several hours). its in the kitchen. and though it gets warm, its in no way humid. bit noisy, true, but hell how may machines would last that long with, normal use, never mind the beating it takes here.

more than some, to buy, true. but my experience says its money well spent! :Clap::Clap:

bought a bosch one
was a little expensive to buy but solid and reliable with senso dry g\doesnt dry out clothes too much

I have one of them sensor one that stops when clothes are dry.. let it run and forget about it and stops when clothes are dry.

not everything can go in the tumble drier, you have to be careful what you put in. plus if you use it all the time you will notice quite an increase in your electricity bill.

What !!! Just wanted chuck from washing machine to tumble, what items can not go in mate ?

well i dont put any woolly jumpers in cos they can shrink, also if you have any t-shirts with logos etc printed on them, it can wreck the printing.

I don't put shirts in either, but that's just me, you probably can.

Towel come out great, really soft etc. :)

If you check the labels on your clothes some will have a tumble drying sign and some will have a sign saying not suitable for tumble drying.

well i dont put any woolly jumpers in cos they can shrink, also if you have any t-shirts with logos etc printed on them, it can wreck the printing.

I don't put shirts in either, but that's just me, you probably can.

printed t-shirts should be washed inside out which should protect the print else stuff them in a pillow case.

You shouldn't have problems with shirts.

Most dryers have a low heat settings which takes longer but does not get so hot.

As you said, check the label.

even if you do put the printed t-shirts inside out, if they get too hot the print can start to melt and stick together.

That is the same model as mine mate.

The good news is, absolutely no condensation, it detects when the clothes are dry and turns itself off (sometimes it gets it wrong).

The Bad news is, I've had Beko out to fix it 3 times and it's not even a year old yet. Hopefully I've just been sold a lemon and yours will be fine.

1st problem was the drum bearing smashed.
2nd problem was the drive belt snapped.
3rd problem was the electronics failed.

It also produces just as much heat as any other drier I've ever owned, so my kitchen is uncomfortably warm when it's in use, which is every day as there are 7 of us in this house.

BTW, you got that machine at a great price, I paid £300 for mine not even a year ago.

even if you do put the printed t-shirts inside out, if they get too hot the print can start to melt and stick together.

Then you use the cool setting if it has one, else just put it in the airing cupboard.

Back