Anyone from Leighton Buzzard?

The Dentist

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

im after some advice really. Im looking to buy a house in Leighton Buzzard. I been to the area and so on, had a look around, had a look at the area where i am buying but just wanted real peoples insight really.

Whats it like living there? I have a small family, wife and little daughter so want somewhere safe for them...nice parks etc.
We found a good school for the little one really close.
The area im looking at is a place called billington.

I often visit Leighton Buzzard (once or twice a month) for work, the place I go is a performance test centre not far from Billington or in fact in Billington (Stanbridge Road) people I know who work there and live in the area say it's great, it's only 30 minutes by train from London Euston to :)

I live in Luton not too far from Leighton Buzzard and I have family members who live on the outskirts of Leighton Buzzard town centre, they are quite well to do and have high standards and they absolutely love it there.
On the whole Leighton Buzzard is quite a pleasant town and there are some great properties in and around the town, the one possible downside to the Billington area is that there are a number of privately owned traveller sites in the area, one of them called Greenacres was in the nation news last year when some of the travellers from there were arrested and charged with slavery. But on the whole you don't hear much about them.
The town has all the usual amenities and the Grand Union Canal runs through the town and has some great areas for fishing and pleasant walks.
It is well placed for the London commute and within easy travelling distance of Milton Keynes, Dunstable and Luton (which would give you access to the M1).

Really useful stuff guys. Appreciate it.

Gonna go for lunch there tomorrow and check out the town. Fingers crossed x

Good Luck, I hope all goes well and you find a place you like.
No matter where you live there are always pros and cons, so it is just a case of deciding if you think an area suits the needs of you and your family and you feel comfortable there.

Was supposed to come up there today but will do next saturday.
I thought getting a mortgage would be the hardest part but this is proving to be very difficult.

I was initially thinking about milton keynes but we went there for some shopping and a meal the other week and hated it. Actually had high hopes for MK but was so disappointing.

There are some nice small towns and villages near Milton Keynes; one that I've always liked is Stony Stratford, not a very big place but it just seems to have a little bit of everything about it. Certainly worth a look if you are out that way and if you intend commuting by train then there is a railway station at Wolverton just a couple of miles away.

Went there tonight to check out the town centre and do a bit of shopping.
Very quiet town but a LOT of people out jogging lol

Went to a little place called linslade....and i must say i was very pleasantly surprised. Had this guy just talking to me randomly being nice, he even offered to pack my shopping bags, actually made me smile.

Me and the wife kind of have this good feeling about the place. I asked one guy at work about the place and he said it was full of chavs but i honestly didnt see one. It looked a nice little town and see myself living there :)

Although bit scared, upping and leaving, in a new place..oooh wish me luck guys!!! lol

Went there tonight to check out the town centre and do a bit of shopping.
Very quiet town but a LOT of people out jogging lol

Went to a little place called linslade....and i must say i was very pleasantly surprised. Had this guy just talking to me randomly being nice, he even offered to pack my shopping bags, actually made me smile.

Me and the wife kind of have this good feeling about the place. I asked one guy at work about the place and he said it was full of chavs but i honestly didnt see one. It looked a nice little town and see myself living there :)

Although bit scared, upping and leaving, in a new place..oooh wish me luck guys!!! lol

good luck m8

Back