anyone able to use TM ONLINE?

As i said earlier have had a few of the Black Inverto singles that seem to exhibit the same fault normally in the mid-range band, if @mdt happens to chip in he can confirm its not a problem with the Technomate receiver as i tried a few receivers and they all had the same problem. I then passed a couple onto mdt to try and he found the same on different brands of receivers.

Last edited by a moderator:
@holmroad

Went into Advanced Search option (as I frequently already do! lol!!)
Edited a transponder s/r from say 27500 to 46000, signal appeared below at 97% (plus good quality reading 87+%)
Pressed red Search button
Was told Invalid Symbol Rate - unable to continue without it reverting back to 27500!

So sorry mate but still a bit confused here - still think the software has probs with different LNB's as suggested above!

I will attempt to clarify further...

Symbol Rate 46000 can ONLY be assigned to a transponder PERMANENTLY by changing/saving the Symbol Rate setting in your CNDF file using NDFEdit 1.69

Technomate receivers are UNABLE TO STORE Symbol Rate 46000 in the Advanced Search menu... if you try to store/scan the transponder after entering Symbol Rate 46000 you ALWAYS get the message INVALID SYMBOL RATE

All I was asking you to do was to enter Symbol Rate 46000 in the Advanced Search menu on any of your problem transponders JUST TO SEE if the signals came back/improved

If the signals do come back/improve on the problem transponders by changing the Symbol Rate to 46000 ...you can then change the Symbol Rate setting PERMANENTLY in your CNDF file using NDFEdit 1.69

Symbol Rate 46000 will then act as the CORRECT Symbol Rate used by the transponder and you can then download any channels associated with the transponder

Warning!!
Once you have changed a transponder's Symbol Rate to 46000 using NDFEdit 1.69
DO NOT try to alter/tweak those transponder frequencies in the Advanced Search menu as you will get the INVALID SYMBOL RATE message again and you will then LOSE the transponder/channels altogether.

However it does seem that using Symbol Rate 46000 on certain transponders can CORRECT
problems/faults associated with LNB (blind spots).

Best Wishes,
Zorch

@Zorch:-
Thanks again for all your trouble in advising me mate, but to be fair I HAVE now got all the 'missing' channels back by using my white Sharpe LNB back on, despite having originally scanned them in on the black Inverto on my TM6900HD Super patch 756P while still using it - these channels (MUTV, BT Sport 1& 2, ESPN HD, Setanta, etc etc) disappeared on the TM5402HD M2 using same channel list (minus terrestrial channels) plus black inverto, yet as soon as I refitted my old white Sharpe they immediately again had a signal, WITHOUT even having to rescan them, so my logic is that it MUST surely be patch 109P/TM5402HD? at fault here?
So now, the only way to test YOUR theory would be to go all the way back to refiitting the black inverto to 'maybe' prove a point - but otherwise achieve 'what' mate?
I am NOT against ANYTHING you (or manic01) are saying, but surely now I've got it all going again, albeit WITHOUT the black inverto, which had never really convinced ME of its usefulness in MY location here in North Lincs, what would YOU do now mate - I really am in your debt - manic's too, but surely its Phantom who should really be sitting up and listening here?
Kind regards my friends.

This really IS odd, as I can no longer cannot get a signal AT ALL on 10E for MUTV Freq 11547V 1614 s/r on my brand new TM5402HD M2 - not even with my white Sharp LNB - cant refit my black inverto which used to pick it up with my TM6900HD Super before I installed my 5402 as is now gone elsewhere!

This really IS odd, as I can no longer cannot get a signal AT ALL on 10E for MUTV Freq 11547V 1614 s/r on my brand new TM5402HD M2 - not even with my white Sharp LNB - cant refit my black inverto which used to pick it up with my TM6900HD Super before I installed my 5402 as is now gone elsewhere!

This morning getting 83% quality on that transponder here in NW England.

My setup is 5402 M1, Td110 and Inverto Black Ultra single.

The M2 model does seem to have problems which are not shown by its predecessor. When I get around to replacing my M1 with its faulty HDMI socket, I'm going to be very wary about getting an M2. I wonder if any suppliers have got any M1's still in stock.

Using M1 and M2 no issues with MUTV.
Operator error again I expect lol

You cheeky b**ger manic01 -
Ok explain this:-

Last night at 1900hrs, went into Advanced Search, moved along to transponder freq 11547V s/r 1613 - and absolutely NO signal!
In early hrs of this morning at 0100hrs, did same thing and that transponder showing 75+% - so scanned it in, receiving MUTV loud and clear!
This morning at 0930hrs - did same thing again - and ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

110 dish, white Sharp LNB in all cases.

So mr clever dick. explain THAT!!! lol!!

Seriously manic, all I'm saying is that I think that the signal level for THAT transponder MUST be fluctuating here in North Lincs for 'some' reason, I do seem to remember it used to do this for us all a few months ago?:proud:

Getting back to whether or not TM Online is actually working, this morning I installed patch 136p after previously being on 133p.

When on 133p, TM Online only offered one choice, that being 'Channel List Update.' I never tried this option as I had only recently downloaded a list from elsewhere.

Now, on 136p, in addition to that option, there's another called 'Videoshare.' I tried clicking on this several times but get a message 'Connection Failed.' I've no idea what this option is meant to do.

To see if my box was able to connect to the internet, I tried Youtube and the 1149 option, both of which were functioning correctly.

Incidentally, I found that B*lsat on 39E wouldn't clear using patch 133p but now I'm on 136p it does.

You cheeky b**ger manic01 -
Ok explain this:-

Last night at 1900hrs, went into Advanced Search, moved along to transponder freq 11547V s/r 1613 - and absolutely NO signal!
In early hrs of this morning at 0100hrs, did same thing and that transponder showing 75+% - so scanned it in, receiving MUTV loud and clear!
This morning at 0930hrs - did same thing again - and ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

110 dish, white Sharp LNB in all cases.

So mr clever dick. explain THAT!!! lol!!

Seriously manic, all I'm saying is that I think that the signal level for THAT transponder MUST be fluctuating here in North Lincs for 'some' reason, I do seem to remember it used to do this for us all a few months ago?:proud:

signals always go up in the early hours slightly.... i get channels on 4w in the early hours that have no signal the rest of the day. AP recommend a 2.4m dish for 24hr reception of the txp,s on eutelsat 10a. i bet if you installed something like a andrew 1.8m fixed with matched feedhorn and c120 lnb you wouldnt lose it at anytime of the day. its just one of those things m8 as its always been a funny one that txp on 11.547.v and the low sr doesnt help either, incedently im getting it here at 94%SS 86%SQ on a TD110,inverto black ultra twin,TM5302HD in the north west regards mdt

Last edited:
signals always go up in the early hours slightly.... i get channels on 4w in the early hours that have no signal the rest of the day. AP recommend a 2.4m dish for 24hr reception of the txp,s on eutelsat 10a. i bet if you installed something like a andrew 1.8m fixed with matched feedhorn and c120 lnb you wouldnt lose it at anytime of the day. its just one of those things m8 as its always been a funny one that txp on 11.547.v and the low sr doesnt help either, incedently im getting it here at 94%SS 86%SQ on a TD110,inverto black ultra twin,TM5302HD in the north west regards mdt

Cheers mate, I still feel that there just MAY be a slight issue with the TM5402HD M2 software (patch 110P) here, but who knows, we carry on regardless anyway! lol!!

I've got M1 and M2 and no issues as stated.

Yes mate, I accept that, but I HAVE got a varying signal problem for SOME reason - flipping heck do you think I'm INVENTING a problem mate just for the sake of it?
After all your location and mine are miles apart, so obviously location must be having a bearing on this, unless of course MY M2 is faulty - which I dont believe for a minute?
I tried 11547V at 0100hrs again last night and it was fine - yet 11647V as suggested elsewhere had no signal at all!
Its all gone again this morning at 0930hrs am GMT!
So whatever 'perfection' you seem to be achieving, there are still some of us NOT getting that - for whatever reason!
Yes I did have wrong settings that time, after using someone else's Channel List and not first checking my latitude etc settings thus ending up with incorrect ones for MY location - but surely we ALL sometimes make mistakes, maybe even YOU/ Lol??

I do appreciate all the friendly advice you give me - so please keep on with it mate, even if I do sometimes seem to drive you to distraction - I only report what I see or experience, thought that was the idea on forums!

Back