Any Tiscali users?

hamba

Inactive User
Reaction score
I see they are offering 2mb unlimited for £17.99.

I've also seen them slagged off in various places.

I would be interested to know what users think of them.

I'm still on dial-up but looking to go broadband.

:Cheers:

they are as good as ntl there you go :)

customer support stinks. if you want dl a lot then forget em as the unlimited is subject to restrictions lol.

for £20 demon offer unlimited without any issues.

Im on this 2mb @ £17.99 offer :(

To be honest, it sucks. it was great at first, but nowadays the line regularly drops, and I sometimes get outrageously slow HTTP download speeds (10k/s :()

However, the customer service seems to be fine for me :) and the broadband is easy to install.

trust me their customer service is shit i did try to sign up a few months ago but they failed to meet the supply date it took me three days to get customer care to release the line their call center is in india its crap keep away

@hamba: It all depends what you really want from the service. If you want it for the speed, then dont go for Tiscali, because you wont get it. If you want it for reliability and becuase 'always on', then dont go for Tiscali, because you wont get it.

@allroad & Nikeus: what problems have you been having with their customer support? to be honest, i've never experienced any betta. If you wanna see bad customer service, call McAfee :)Angryfire), but thats a story for another time ;)

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies guys.

Any other recommendations for adsl? (unlimited or decent d/l allowance)

I was hoping for cheap and reliable :Biggrin2: - and no setup costs.

:Cheers:

I would pay what ever if i still was on 56k lol. Try NTL, Bulldog, telewest if your in the right area, i think BT have better offers now

smitherz said:
Try NTL, Bulldog, telewest if your in the right area, i think BT have better offers now

Dont get me started on Bulldog. To put it simply, Bulldog = Bullsh*t. My friend has it, and it keeps disconnecting. And its meant to be 8mb, but he says its more like 8kb.

Also, I dont think NTL & Telewest are ADSL, i think they're cable. And BT have capped download limits.

MA said:
Dont get me started on Bulldog. To put it simply, Bulldog = Bullsh*t. My friend has it, and it keeps disconnecting. And its meant to be 8mb, but he says its more like 8kb.

Also, I dont think NTL & Telewest are ADSL, i think they're cable. And BT have capped download limits.

NTL and Telewest are cable, i suggested them because they are good companies. I have only read reviews on Bulldog, i from what i have heard it is supposed to be good, i cannot comment further as i do not have it. Im on Telewest at the moment, i couldn't have a better connection, absolutely brilliant. Now with 10Mb on offer at £34.99 with a unlimited cap i aint guna complain!

smitherz said:
NTL and Telewest are cable, i suggested them because they are good companies. I have only read reviews on Bulldog, i from what i have heard it is supposed to be good, i cannot comment further as i do not have it. Im on Telewest at the moment, i couldn't have a better connection, absolutely brilliant. Now with 10Mb on offer at £34.99 with a unlimited cap i aint guna complain!

Sorry, but the reason i pointed out that they were cable is because Hamba asked for ADSL providers. He also asked for one with a good d/l limit, and BT doesnt have that unless you pay a much higher price.

As for Bulldog, i do not have 1st hand experience either, but i do know a few people who do have it, and they say it sucks.

Back