Any tips on removing sticker from laptop ?

bilabonic

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi

Got given a Acer lappy with has a full size sticker on the top case. It has been removed at the corners but will not 'peel' just comes of in tiny bits...

Is there a way to remove these ??

Cheers

Isopropyl alcohol

Acetone found in nail polish remover

Last edited:
WD40 worked well for me but only with the sticky residue, the actual labels peeled off ok.

Another vote for WD40, I would be wary of using any acetone based product.

Also as somebody else mentioned try warming with a hairdryer first.

Erase sticker glue from hard surfaces like plastic and wood by gently rubbing the eraser from a pencil over the glue. The rubber from the eraser will bond with the glue, creating a much less sticky surface you can easily scrape off with a plastic scraping tool.

Use a hair dryer set on low to warm stubborn sticker glue and then scrape it away with a plastic scraping tool.

Wet a washcloth with warm, soapy water and gently scrub at the sticker glue on the surface. Soap and water will help break the bond in the glue, making it easier for you to wipe or scrape clean.

Saturate a cotton ball with Isopropyl alcohol and rub it over the sticky adhesive to dissolve and break up the glue. Once the glue starts to break up, you can either wash the surface with a warm, soapy wash cloth or scrape the glue away with a plastic scraping tool.

Dissolve stubborn glue by rolling the tip of a cotton swab soaked in acetone nail polish remover over sticker adhesive. Acetone breaks down glue, making it easier to clean it away. It may not be safe for some plastic surfaces, so be sure you test an unseen area with a few swabs of acetone before using.

acer are gits for stuff like this. i have some almost stain marks on the touch pad on my lappy thanks to their crap stickers. it doesnt stop it functionaly but looks a git.

Last edited:
Back