Any Routers that can accept two WAN inputs

if your running web servers from home then there might be a need but for most 100meg is plenty
i dont know what vermins 100meg service upload speed if but there 50 meg speed was crap

500 k upload on the 50 meg, never had any issues what so ever with them in all the years I've been with them.....

no wasnt saying there internet is crap its the best in the uk by far but the upload speed is not great as i now have infinty and get 20 meg up speed
think 5 was the best i had from vermin

upload is basically 10% of download on VM. So 50mb package is 5mb upload and 100mb package is 10mb upload. However as with most things VM related, there are upload caps so you will get throttled if you upload too much.

I believe there is a technical reason why cable internet upload is not going to be as good as FTTC internet.

ok, i am not replacing the super hub got a spare one all i wanted to know can i use both as a modem

lol

If only it was that easy. :)

Each modem needs a registered MAC address, MAC addresses are registered to valid accounts, then you have all the new security measures to worry about.

what's an hfc.....lol.....don't worry :Bounce:

if your running web servers from home then there might be a need but for most 100meg is plenty
i dont know what vermins 100meg service upload speed if but there 50 meg speed was crap

I get ya. :)

To be honest I don't upload much, but do have an FTP running with around 4tb of stuff for peeps which I would like a faster upload for.

Whenever I've been uploading to my webspace a always get around 9.5meg constant, but I don't think peeps can get that from the FTP I run at home.

Back