Any recommendations for cheaper car insurance

Which Ferrari model do you drive? :eh?:

You would think that from some of the quotes I’ve been getting.

It’s just an old kia sportage I bought from the auction about 8 years ago for £3000, its worth nothing now, I can’t even give it away.

I’m waiting for it to break down so I can get another one from the auction but it just keeps going on and on.

I haven’t spent a penny on it since I got it, apart from regular yearly service.
No wonder kia give you 7 years’ warranty when you buy new, it seems they last forever

Seems rather excessive mate, if you go over to Money Saving Expert there's a procedure to follow on there. Different companies seem to suit different folks at different times?
Don't forget to check for cashback too (TopCashback or Quidco are the 2 I know)
HH.

Ok last but not least, this is HappyH one through Money Saving Expert which led me to confused.com amongst other places, I didn’t try them all.

Thanks everyone for your help

Attachments

• confused.com 1.png
    confused.com 1.png
    335 KB · Views: 13
Ok last but not least, this is HappyH one through Money Saving Expert which led me to confused.com amongst other places, I didn’t try them all.

Thanks everyone for your help

So now you got to TopCashBack or Quidco & create an account if you don't have one. Then click via TCB or Quidco to Hastings & buy your policy there (if that's the one you want & are happy with it, like-for-like etc) & get about £25 cashback reducing the cost even further.
Then change companies next year after checking again, no reward for loyalty nowadays.
HH.

I can't believe the quotes your getting Rob, those excesses from confused are more than the cars worth' so in effect they are insuring you third party! are you sure there isn't something else to bump the price up? take my motor with aviva, 07 L200 2.5l TD 13 years NCD, protected NCD, legal protection, worth about say 6k. I'm 54 My premium "255.00 fully comp. I'd ring some of the company's and let them go through the quote with you. those prices for me are much much too much.

forgot to say £150 compulsory excess, £0 voluntary £150 total.

Last edited:
are you sure there isn't something else to bump the price up?

Nothing mate, clean license for over 45 years, no accidents for over 40 years, car is garaged overnight, the area I live is a quiet. They’re just greedy bar stewards.

Just to summarize so it might help others the quotes were

Saga - £577.50
Tesco - £450.86
QMH - £ 435.28
LV - £621.75
Aviva - £519.30
Swinton - £375.39

The winner is Hastings premier with £239.71

including:

Excess £50
Windscreen cover
Curtesy car
Breakdown cover
Motor legal protection

I still have until the 20th to sort it out but I don’t think I’ll find a better one

My feelings exactly! I just cannot understand what's going on with those quotes. They're insane.

You’ve got me curious now. Possibly because the car is called kia “sportage”, but it’s got nothing to do with a sports car it’s one of these old cars

Attachments

• kia_1999_sportage03.jpg
    kia_1999_sportage03.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 4
I'm even insured to drive any car with the owners permission with aviva and didn't ask for this.

I'm pretty sure most companies offer this wihtout asking for it.
I think every policy i've had this has been standard.

Just got an email from Aviva:

"We wanted to remind you that the motor insurance quote you requested from us is still valid: anual premium £358.00"

It seems they reduced the quote from £519.30 to £358.00

A reduction of £160.70

You could buy 4 android tv boxes with that saving

Back