any pro's?

madmanc

Inactive User
Reaction score
ok guys i got all the home entertainment stuff im gonna get now and i want to link it all together

i have a 50"plasma which does 1090p over 2 hdmi sockets and has digi optical also composite

xbox 360 elite withe digital optical sound and hdmi

lg 1000w home cinema (upscales) with hdmi and composite and digital optical input.

technomate hd motorised sat rciever with hdmi and digi optical output and rgb

so now i want all 4 to get surround sound through the surrround home cinema and hdmi picture.1080p or 1080i where thats the best possible(tv wil do on any socket)

do i need to even use digital optical for sound??? lol cheers

so what leads do i use??? lol i have draw a diagram if you can put in the leads for me it will be great lol

also if i need a hdmi switcher thats fine also any links will be great

cheers gys

Other than the fact you've already got a home cinema setup I'd have recommended a amp/receiver that accepts HDMI, as its much more useful and about the same price as a HDMI switch (at least that was the case last time I looked).

But from the setup you've got I'd run the 360 and technomate into the TV over HDMI and the home cinema over RGB. However, the TV will upscale which ever one you feed in as RGB to 1080p anyway (sometimes better than the source device can).

Then, assuming that the optical on the home cinema is an input rather than an output (and its important to check), connect the TV to the player via TOSLink to utilise the 5.1 setup.

Does the LG Home Cinema have HDMI inputs?

Since your Satellite Receiver can only broadcast 1080i material I would use the component output on that straight into your TV saving the need to buy any switches.

Back