Any plumbers in the house

miggy

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
A silly question really and I should know it. A relative's toilet cistern is only quarter filling and not enough to flush. I took the top off and by pressing the ball it fills up obviously. There is no adjustable screw on the valve to control the flow, however if you follow the rod along to the ball end there is a screw on the rod. Question is if I undo the screw and slide the ball further up the rod would it allow more water in?.

A silly question really and I should know it. A relative's toilet cistern is only quarter filling and not enough to flush. I took the top off and by pressing the ball it fills up obviously. There is no adjustable screw on the valve to control the flow, however if you follow the rod along to the ball end there is a screw on the rod. Question is if I undo the screw and slide the ball further up the rod would it allow more water in?.
Yes, the extra length will allow the valve to stay open longer. Fill to the desired level by pushing the ball down and then adjust it till it is only just closing the valve. :D

Yes, the extra length will allow the valve to stay open longer. Fill to the desired level by pushing the ball down and then adjust it till it is only just closing the valve. :D
Thanks chookey much appreciated.chookey she had a new toilet fitted over 12 months ago can that thing go faulty already?.

Back